Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 AM

Default Eleven Rack demo issue

Hello, I just downloaded a demo of "Eleven" and am having a problem: I can insert the plugin and play a track with it just fine but within a few moments of hitting the space-bar to stop, Pro Tools crashes. Every time. I have tried all the variables I can think of . . . shutting off all other plugins, even trying it on a session with a single track. Same problem. I have the feeling its something really simple, but I'm still learning Pro Tools and don't know what else to try! Thanks for any help.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack demo issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMann View Post
Hello, I just downloaded a demo of "Eleven" and am having a problem: I can insert the plugin and play a track with it just fine but within a few moments of hitting the space-bar to stop, Pro Tools crashes. Every time. I have tried all the variables I can think of . . . shutting off all other plugins, even trying it on a session with a single track. Same problem. I have the feeling its something really simple, but I'm still learning Pro Tools and don't know what else to try! Thanks for any help.
What Pro Tools version? What OS? What version of Eleven? Is it RTAS or TDM?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-19-2013, 08:06 PM

Pro Tools version 10, Os 10.6.8 and Eleven 10.3.3 (I think) and RTAS. I figured it out, though, just by snooping around my system. Here's what I did: I went to "Library," then "Application Support," checked the Digidesign plugins folder and everything looked fine. Then I noticed there was an Avid folder as well. Inside of it there was an "Audio" folder that ALSO had a plugins folder in it. It contained a file called "Eleven.aaxplugin" which I removed to the Unused Plugins folder. That fixed it! I have enough experience with the general reliability of Mac's to know that when somethings wrong there's usually a conflict with a similar item. Hope that helps somebody (maybe with similar issues) and thank you Benoni for responding!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 PM

Thank you Brian, I mean. Sorry.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMann View Post
Pro Tools version 10, Os 10.6.8 and Eleven 10.3.3 (I think) and RTAS. I figured it out, though, just by snooping around my system. Here's what I did: I went to "Library," then "Application Support," checked the Digidesign plugins folder and everything looked fine. Then I noticed there was an Avid folder as well. Inside of it there was an "Audio" folder that ALSO had a plugins folder in it. It contained a file called "Eleven.aaxplugin" which I removed to the Unused Plugins folder. That fixed it! I have enough experience with the general reliability of Mac's to know that when somethings wrong there's usually a conflict with a similar item. Hope that helps somebody (maybe with similar issues) and thank you Benoni for responding!
Good to hear.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio