Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 06:28 AM

Default 6.4.1 Grid Mode often does not snap to grid????

In Grid mode, about 1 out of 10 times I copy a region and drop the cursor where I wish to paste, the cursor will be positioned off of the grid, and if I paste the notes will be off of the grid too.

It is almost as if "Relative Grid" mode is active even though normal Grid is selected.

One of my least favorite things about DP is the constant relative grid, and I am HORRIFIED to find it now in ProTools and implemented with BUGS.

Someone tell me, in 6.9 are these bugs gone?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Avid

Default Re: 6.4.1 Grid Mode often does not snap to grid???

Phil - have you tried trashing prefs? Was this working properly before? Are you sure you're not possibly holding the 'command' key when placing the audio file or the cursor?
Old 05-24-2005, 10:52 AM

Tried trashing prefs, just had it happen again.

This has happened since I first installed 6.4.1.

Don't think it it because of the command key. I tried to replicate the behavior on purpose using the command key and could not achieve it.

It is more like 1/20 times, I was exaggerating earlier. Still, it's pretty annoying and baffling.

I should also be more clear and mention that this is happening on MIDI tracks. Haven't noticed it on audio tracks lately but will post if I do find it happening.

I am really interested to know if anyone else has seen this, especially in later versions.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Tried trashing prefs, just had it happen again.

This has happened since I first installed 6.4.1.

Don't think it it because of the command key. I tried to replicate the behavior on purpose using the command key and could not achieve it.

It is more like 1/20 times, I was exaggerating earlier. Still, it's pretty annoying and baffling.

I should also be more clear and mention that this is happening on MIDI tracks. Haven't noticed it on audio tracks lately but will post if I do find it happening.

I am really interested to know if anyone else has seen this, especially in later versions.
Not sure if this is related to a bug that I see with memory locations. Sometimes, when you create a memory location, you cannot snap it to the grid line using the grabber tool. It behaves as if in relative grid mode. But Ive found that if you switch to relative grid mode, then back to regular grid mode, you will then be allowed to snap it to the grid. Give that a shot. When you see this behavior, switch your grid modes back and forth and see if you can then snap it where you want.

MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ø Cancellation!•
Old 05-24-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: 6.4.1 Grid Mode often does not snap to grid????

I'm glad someone else has this problem...I mentioned this issue awhile back and nobody knew what I was talking about. I just upgraded to 6.7 and haven't run across it yet...but I've also started using Logic and haven't done much intensive work with PT 6.7. I am going to be doing a project soon...so I'll let you know how it goes.

And I'm also shocked that someone else noticed this problem in Digital Performer...I thought I was going crazy with that program!!!

Myshell