Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 06-19-2010, 07:58 PM

Default Using Pro Tools M-Powered Essential (8.02) with Windows 7 32 bit (home premium)

Ok I'm going to go ahead and say that this question has probably been answered many time but iv looked through the FAQs for an hour and haven't found an answer.

I have a 32 bit operating system. (Windows 7 Home Premium), and a Dell Studio (15?). I also have one of the latest (if not the latest) version of Session. Today I went out and bought Pro Tools M-Powered Essential (8.02) along with the fast track USB interface. The drivers for the fast track installed fine but when i tried to install Pro Tools, an error message came up saying that Pro Tools only runs on 64-bit Vista. When I first got session it said the same thing but then I installed an update and works. I went to the M-audio site and couldn't find any updates or drivers for this version of Pro tools. (I also cant figure out how to completely work the fast track with session. the user manual didn't help very much)

Is there anyway I can run this version of Pro Tools on my current operating system? If not can someone give me better instruction on how to use the Fast Track with Session?
Old 12-21-2011, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Using Pro Tools M-Powered Essential (8.02) with Windows 7 32 bit (home premium)

I don't think it can be installed on windows 7, I have the same problem
Old 12-26-2011, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Using Pro Tools M-Powered Essential (8.02) with Windows 7 32 bit (home premium)

I know this is an old thread; a year old. But to those that may face the same situation saying that they need a "64 bit vista", here's what I did...

I went to this link: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver and selected "USB Audio Series" in the first box then I selected "Fast Track" in the second box, and I selected "Window Vista 32-bit SP1" in the third box, and it'll load for a sec or two then scroll down and click the file name "Install M-Audio FastTrack 6.0.6.exe" then it'll take you to this page and a window will pop up and hit "No Thanks." then scroll down til you see a pink/peach box with the link that says "Install M-Audio FastTrack 6.0.6.exe (10.16 MB)." You'll want to click that link and save it onto your desktop. Once it's done downloading, you'll want to click on it and follow the direction.

You just needed the Fast Track 6.0 driver version for Window 7 or Windo Vista. Thats how I got mine to work. Hope this helps!