How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 AM

Cool Where's the AAX plugin installers?

Hi there,

Maybe I'm being dumb but I can't see the AAX plugin installers anywhere on the Avid website. They hint at a few Avid/Digidesign one's that have been converted but no links!

Finally bitten the bullet and traded in the old HD3 Accel/G5 combo for HD Native/Mac Pro. Never been so current!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 AM

As far as I know only Softube actually has some ready-to-download aax plugins available. Even avid's own plugins, with exception of the channel strip, aren't aax still.

All those early adopters of HDX must be having a hard time, going back from DSP to native because no-one has their aax dsp plugs ready. But since you went HD Native, you luckily don't have to wait for that, using RTAS for the time being.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Where's the AAX plugin installers?

Ah, cool. Got some Softube stuff. The Avid site does lead you to believe that Impact and Reverb One are good to go for AAX. Bit naughty, especially for those HDX people.

That said, really happy with PT10 and Native card. A great upgrade from the old system!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:47 AM

I'm too on HD Native/macpro awaiting the HD10 upgrade through the support plan. Quite a neat setup indeed ;-)
Old 01-06-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derF View Post
Ah, cool. Got some Softube stuff. The Avid site does lead you to believe that Impact and Reverb One are good to go for AAX. Bit naughty, especially for those HDX people.

That said, really happy with PT10 and Native card. A great upgrade from the old system!
Impact, Reverb One, Revibe (2), Pultec Bundle, BF76, BF-2A, Smack!, as well as the Avid bundles (Maxim, D-Fi, Digirack etc) are AAX already.

You're right, fairly limited choice, but we're getting there...1st HDX install is in progress right now...
Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 PM

No Eleven and BF Fairchild DSP versions yet.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
No Eleven and BF Fairchild DSP versions yet.
No - and weirdly enough, they've updated the BF-2A but not the 3A, MC77 or (as you mention) Fairchild.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Impact, Reverb One, Revibe (2), Pultec Bundle, BF76, BF-2A, Smack!, as well as the Avid bundles (Maxim, D-Fi, Digirack etc) are AAX already.
Where are the AAX installers for these mentioned plugs? And can you test if they work in 'native' mode as well?

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 01-07-2012, 07:14 AM

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=430151

On this page you'll also see that it says "HDX owners log in to download 10.1". But it should be in your Avid account if you own any HD system. Or at least HD Native. I own that and just got the HD10 upgrade through the support plan, and 10.1 is in my account. I haven't yet downloaded it to try it out.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=430151

On this page you'll also see that it says "HDX owners log in to download 10.1". But it should be in your Avid account if you own any HD system. Or at least HD Native. I own that and just got the HD10 upgrade through the support plan, and 10.1 is in my account. I haven't yet downloaded it to try it out.
Yes thanks I spotted this link shortly after posting. I own PT 10 HD but the 10.1 update was not in my account downloads. I'm still running HD ACCEL cards on one system & using the PT 10 HD iLok on another computer natively (without any Avid I/O). So maybe they didn't notify me because the 10.1 update is designed for HDX users & not qualified for HD or HD Native users.

I've installed the 10.1 plug-in installers though & I've got Impact & Revibe2 working as AAX Native now which is nice.

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia