Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2001, 12:00 AM

Default BPM problem when importing drums

Hi, a new issue that did gave me some headache. When I edited drums in cubase for a song I exported them and made them sd2 and then I laid all my tracks on them and finished the songs, but I wasn't happy with the drums, so I went back to cubase, did some editing and exported and imported the tracks agian into protools and replaced the old ones.
Now suddenly the drums were too fast. Exactly 1 bpm to fast. I quickly changed it and everything was cool, but how could it had happen, the BPM in cubase was exactly the same as before, nothing changed.
Just, curius, could it be something with the fact that I had laid all the 16, or something, tracks and put plugins on them or just this one time with this one song.
I tried the procedure several times.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Bascani
Old 06-19-2001, 04:25 PM

Default Re: BPM problem when importing drums

I have had similar problems when bouncing to a DA38 and back.

I sent two tracks that I had bounced down from Pro Tools LE via 001 / Tascam IF-TAD interface to a DA38 (One track with click track, the other with the music, recorded drums on the remaining 6 tracks on the DA38, brought all 8 tracks back to the PT LE session via 001 / IF-TAD and found that the BPM had changed by .5 milliseconds. I don't know why or how this happened, but it's happened to me on two separate occasions. Always by around .5 milliseconds. Anybody have any ideas why this type of thing happens?
Old 06-19-2001, 09:27 PM

Digi how about a reply on this one?
Old 06-20-2001, 06:23 AM
Avid

Not sure what is happening, but here are my initial thoughts:

-Check the sample rate of the session and make sure it hasn't changed...this will change the playback speed of your audio.

-If you are resolving your system to an external source, swith PT LE back to "Internal" (Setups>Hardware window) and see if anything changes.

Latency:
-The H/W Buffer setting (Setups>Hardware window) may have something to do with this. If you are bouncing your audio before transferring it (as guitarrob) is doing, check the very beginning of the bounced file for any "dead space".

Guitarrob, assuming you mean 5ms and not .5ms, I'd be curious to know if you were bouncing with a 256 sample buffer value.

Brent