Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 07:48 PM

Default trouble editing midi in pro tools le

Hello all,
I'm a total noob when it comes to editing midi and worse in protools ( i had it for about 4 days now) audio editing I'm good with but I'm trying to put together some drum tracks using ez drummer ( yeah right!) and I can't do a damn thing!!! any advice would be greatly apprieciated

Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: trouble editing midi in pro tools le

Could you be a little more specific about what problems you are having or what concepts specifically are you having trouble understanding? It's a lot like saying "I have this car, and I have this key; now what do I do?"

What exactly is it you are trying to do? Are you trying to edit MIDI that you have already performed on a MIDI controller? Are you trying to manually program beats? Are you trying to import pre-made MIDI grooves and copy/paste/edit them?

You might want to study Part VI of the Pro Tools Reference Guide. It's all about MIDI editing. The reference guide is installed as a PDF with the software and is available from the Windows Start menu

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-01-2007, 09:02 PM

Sorry about being so vague - i'm trying to edit patterns from ez drummer in protools - the pre made ones. the main difficulty i'm having is moving patterns - i've only had PT for 4 days so i'm sure it's something simple that i'm over looking.

I've also been able to get the samples to trigger from my keyboard, for writing my own parts but there is a lot of latencey from when I hit the key on the keyboard and the sound actually playing i'm sure it's in my setup ,i'm just not sure where to look or what to look for to fix it.
thanks for the tip -i'm going to read it now
Old 06-02-2007, 02:43 AM

For moving patterns I suggest switching from notes to regions on the track and simply use the grabber tool to move them. You can also highlight the notes and use the grabber tool of course. Work in grids.

For latency, check the buffer size.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:49 AM

I will try the buffer size and see what happens ( makes sense now that you mention it ) and will be working in regions for moving stuff around. I'm not used to how all this works yet but I like it!

Thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 08:49 AM

I will try the buffer size and see what happens ( makes sense now that you mention it ) and will be working in regions for moving stuff around. I'm not used to how all this works yet but I like it!

Thanks