How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2013, 02:27 PM

Default Using MIDI as "hints" for beat detective

Hi All!
Often in my sessions I write out midi tracks for parts before asking online musicians to play them for me. Often times those parts have some timing issues, so I often use beat detective to pull them closer to grid. However, every so often, so instruments (like flute for example) really throw beat detective for a loop; often it generates hit points like crazy in places where the instrument is doing something like, say, vibrato.

I was wondering if it's possible to somehow utilize the midi (flute) track that corresponds to the audio (flute) track to help with the alignment process. Maybe use the midi note on information to give hints to beat detective as to where hit points should be?
Any ideas?
Thanks!