Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 10:37 PM

Default using mpc with pt and multiple midi channels

I am trying to use my mpc2000xl to trigger various midi channels separately on different softsynths.
However, when I create an instrument track with a softsynth dedicated to midi channel 1, and move to channel 2 on a different track(both instrument and mpc) it still only triggers channel 1. Even on a multichannel instrument like mach five, protools still only recieves triggers on channel 1. I have tested my mpc with standalone softsynths, and it is succesful in triggering different channels simultaneously, but within protools 7, it doesn't work properly. I have tried almost everything to figure this out. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong? Is there someone in tech support who can address this? I appreciate any response.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: using mpc with pt and multiple midi channels

seriously, nobody has answered this very reasonable question? I'd like to know as well.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 PM

Bump. I've been fighting with this issue also for a while. What version of protools le are you using? I'm using 7.1.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:57 PM

Im having this issue also... i am doing well having it work with Reason 3.04 but if i try to use my MPC with Native Instruments B4 II Organ on Instrument Midi Channel 1 (different instrument track)and Native Instruments Elektrik Piano on Channel 2(also a different instrument track), I will only get one of those particular sounds to play on both channels at the same time. So if i go back to Channel 1, i still got the Elektrik Piano playing on Channel 1 instead of just on Channel 2 and Vice Versa.

But Reason however will do just fine if i have the Midi linked up with the Ins and outs of the MPC thru Pro Tools. No problems with that, just only with other virtual instruments.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW WE CAN FIX THIS ISSUE?

Also i am running Pro Tools 7.1 LE, Digi 002 PC
Old 07-07-2007, 11:12 PM

Problem solved for me in this thread: http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...v=#Post1171846
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Above thread no longer working. relink please?