Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 04-13-2022, 06:53 PM

Default Field Recording Guide Track is not matching channels on Pro Tools

Hello everyone, I’m working the sound post for a film and I faced an issue with the Field Recording Guide Track. I assigned a new FRT track to be the guide track. I clicked on Select Areas to Search and clicked on the Production Sound folder. Now here’s my problem, when I right click the synced audio in the FRT track and click Matching Field Recorder Channels > I don’t get the lav and boom channels. I get no results.

I tried to Expand Channel To New Tracks > By Timecode Only and I got the channels I need but it’s a whole mess of 13 new channels for every cut so that’s not the solution I should be going with.

It’s worth noting that the audio tracks in the AAF I got from the editor are linked to the Production Sound folder but they’re NOT named the same. The AAF has a different names for the audio tracks than the Production Sound files. The editor used Adobe Premiere to edit the film and export the files.

I attached a screenshot of the results I get from Matching Field Recorder Channels and a screenshot of the results I got when I tried to match by timecode
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7191287E-1036-4B23-BC25-EF54F0B2933E.jpg (44.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg D17FE2DC-C202-4D0B-9EEA-1749DA591FF2.jpeg (92.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-14-2022, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Field Recording Guide Track is not matching channels on Pro Tools

What match criteria are you using? Try timecode + first 5 letters of filename. I understand the guide track is named differently from Premiere but if it's referencing the FR folder it may still work? Might be a matter of finding the right match criteria for the situation.
If that doesn't work, post the question in the Post Production forum, there will be a DX editor there with better ideas than me no doubt
Old 04-15-2022, 01:40 PM

I tried to choose different options in the match criteria including timecode + first 5 character in file name but I get nothing without importing the whole folder in the tracks.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:04 PM

New thread over at https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419630 maybe a mod can merge them these and leave in the post forum area.