Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 07-22-2017, 09:11 PM

Default C400 and Ebay

I am not here to sell or buy anything but just want your input on something. I am looking into buying a USB audio adapter for my daughter and her Macbook Pro or buy one for me and give her mine.

I currently use the M-Audio C400. I was using both C400 and C600 but my C600 died maybe two weeks ago. Worse thing about it, I barely used the C600 and maybe used it 10 times the whole time I had it which has been approx 4 years, I think. Just outta the blue it died, the USB will not power up the C600 but a power adapter will. I haven't tried connecting it to my OS X using the power adapter because I'm afraid it may burn something out on my mobo if the USB is burned out but not the power adapter part. So I don't want any surge. So I threw it in a trash bag which is still sitting here in my room.

Anyway this is besides my point of what I am trying to ask. I was looking on Ebay and seen a couple of people selling the C400 but for what I believe to be OUTRAGEOUS!!! Whenever I say outrageous I mean way, way, way over priced. If they do sell them it will be to people who don't know crap about audio adapters and what they are worth.

First, this guy is trying to sell this NEW C400 for $399......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-M-Audio.../272192451771?

Second, this guy is trying to sell his NEW C400 with Pro Tools MP for $499.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVID-Pro-Too...4AAOSwOgBZZVdw

This guy want to sell his USED C400 with Pro Tools MP for $450....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Pro-Too...cAAOSwTM5Y4Vx4

This guy is trying to sell his NEW C400 for $599.99.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-9900-65...MAAOSwqv9V7NBI

Thats pretty much all I could find for the C400 but let me say these guys are trying to RIP people off. How is ebay allowing them to do this? Don't get me wrong I understand people want to be greedy but to sell an electronic USB device that is no longer being manufactured or sold for the prices they are selling them for is just plain out a RIP-OFF!!!! I don't care if I was a millionaire, there is noway I would purchase the C400 for the prices they are trying to sell them for knowing that I paid, BRAND NEW $150 for the C400 and I cannot remember how much I paid for the C600.....

So let me ask you, would any of you purchase anything from these guys knowing how they are jacking up the prices like they are? I sent a message to one of the guys telling him how badly he is over pricing the C400 because electronics are NOT like a vehicle or other items whenever manufactures quit making them. Electronics values go down, even you to Apple with your over priced Macs. Then on TOP of the manufacture discontinuing production for the C400 the prices actually would drop by 50%, at least because there is NO SUPPORT for that USB device. I know in the near future Avid is going to discontinue driver support for the C400 and C600, like they do the rest of their stuff.

To see these guys trying to rip off people just pisses me off and I cannot believe EBAY is allowing it to go on. Just my humble opinion.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:46 AM

Default Re: C400 and Ebay

While the pricing may be way off base, if they want to try to sell them for a million dollars, that's their business. No one is forcing someone to bid on them. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to research the product you're looking for and determine what one is right for you and what price is fair.

I think I sold my C400 to a used electronics shop for $75 a couple of years ago...

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 07-23-2017, 12:37 PM

and my 2 cents only, but I NEVER recommend M-audio hardware(especially interfaces)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-23-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
While the pricing may be way off base, if they want to try to sell them for a million dollars, that's their business. No one is forcing someone to bid on them. As a consumer, it is your responsibility to research the product you're looking for and determine what one is right for you and what price is fair.

I think I sold my C400 to a used electronics shop for $75 a couple of years ago...

Joel
You are correct but Ebay is suppose to be a fair and honest bidding site and this goes against what they say are. But hey its a free world and if somebody is stupid enough to buy them at these prices power to them.

As for buying M-Audio products, I don't see anything wrong with them whatsoever. I get great latency with my C400 but don't get me wrong I am currently looking into buying another interface, maybe a behringer interface. One of the best mixers I've ever used has been the Behinger X32 along with their In Ear Monitor System. Its up there with Aviom side by side. I've used both and people believe because of the name they are getting a better system. That is no accurate, heck look at Pro Tools. Its a good system but full of bugs, big time. Hack even the 11.3.2 didn't even fix the Import Audio line issues and Avid still didn't fix it in PT 11 and will never fix it. So because its M-Audio, Avid, Aviom, Behringer or whatever, its not about the name, trust me.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:08 PM

Fair and honest... you bid what you want and people sell you what they described if you win. Or you pay them the fixed price. How is that not fair and honest? You can search for closed auction prices on items to see what was actually paid.

As for interfaces, there are lots of choices out there and many I would make before an MAudio (or ex-Avid consumer) device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk