Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Apologize....

A few weeks I posted ranting on Pro Tools 2018 not being really tweaked for Hyperthreading but after realizing I did something in OS X that caused CPU overload at 3%, I knew I had to eat my crow.

For those who ranted on me for using a hackintosh, just keep in mind that what I have in my case is the same hardware except for the bios that iMacs and even older Mac Pros use.

I decided to start over, reformatted and started out fresh with El Capitan and everything is running great, no issues whatsoever.

I have two MacBook Pro, one 15" and the other is the 17", both with i7 CPUs but at the moment my son and daughter are using them, daughter for college and son for High School and college (dual enrollment). Trust me I've paid big time to Apple for everything I have, from OS X, to both Macbook Pros to my Ipad Pro 12" and every single piece of Apple software I own. I think me building a hackintosh is nothing compared to what I have paid into Apple. Also I truly believe Apple encourages hackintoshes because the majority of us who has them buys all our apps. Not everyone does this there are those who uses software not their own. I just hope they wake up one day because if I was a software developer and people pirated my stuff I would quit supporting that application. I'm happy with Ilok and elicenser and hope they really become 100% secured one day.

Anyway I want to apologize to everyone who persecuted me for using a hackintosh, I FORGIVE YOU and FORGAVE YOU ALREADY.

BTW I use El Capitan because I purchased Autosampler 2 and KeyMap Pro 2 about 6 months before Redmatica sold us out to Apple. I refuse to give in because SampleRobot knows they have cornered the market on sampling and their stuff is way overpriced. Thats just my humble opinion. And IMHO both AS 2 and KMP 2 both are still better than SampleRobot as I tried out SampleRobot...Again my humble opinion...

God Bless....
Old 03-14-2019, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Apologize....

Thanks for leading the way with an apology!

Even though I didn't participate in your thread, it speaks volumes that you are able to publicly apologise.

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24
Old 03-14-2019, 03:08 PM

Agreed, nice work.

I ran a hack for a long time.....I just caved and went with win b/c I didn’t want to mess with anything after apples yearly updates. I parked it forever but eventually something you use needs to be updated and that when the trouble starts.

I ran hacks for 10.8 well into after 10.11 was released, macs are very stable systems
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I ran a hack for a long time.....I just caved and went with win b/c I didn’t want to mess with anything after apples yearly updates. I parked it forever but eventually something you use needs to be updated and that when the trouble starts.

I ran hacks for 10.8 well into after 10.11 was released, macs are very stable systems
Same here. I switched to Win 10 last year because the frequent updates were causing problems (video drivers in particular). I was getting more deadline oriented work and couldn't afford the risk. The only thing I miss is core audio, but other than that, I've adjusted well with Windows.

There are days that I'd love to go back to a hack - I really like the Mac OS, but as long as the paid work is coming in, I can't risk it.

tg
Mac Studio (2022) M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.5 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 / Nuendo 13 / Reaper 7 / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X
Old 03-14-2019, 03:19 PM

Redmatica stuff really is first class. It's sad that they were swallowed by Apple, with very little of their fantastic work seeing the light of day again!
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Redmatica stuff really is first class. It's sad that they were swallowed by Apple, with very little of their fantastic work seeing the light of day again!
Yes Andrea Gozzi did some incredible work with those tools..
I am still hopeful we'll see some evidence of the suits of his labor appear in the Apple world sometime soon (other than the simplistic MainStage autosampler).
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01