Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2006, 12:47 AM

Default Re: can\'t get LE 7.1 free? just paid for 7.0

Quote:
Joe, I do NOT have confirmation from Digidesign on the price details, but IIRC, there was something on the website about there being a discount for the recent PT LE 7 upgraders who want to move up to the MPT when it is released. If it is $100 off, as rumor has had it, then IMO, the 7.0 upgrade thing becomes a non-issue.

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. I just re-read the press release regarding the new packages and I had initially overlooked the fact that 7.0 was required to even purchase this upgrade. That makes this even more of a good deal for those of us that already did the upgrade. I am axiously awaiting this set of plugs and new features!
Old 02-13-2006, 12:48 AM

Quote:
DINR - 495
Sound Replacer - 395
TL Space - 495
Smack LE - 395
multi-track Beat Detective - priceless
48 tracks - priceless

Almost $1800 worth of Plug-Ins for $500 and free multi-track Beat Detective and 48 tracks?
Or $500 for mtBD and 48 with $1800 worth of plug-ins free?

No-brainer, IMHO.
That's exactly how it looks to me. This will be a great new set of tools to work with.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 AM

Quote:
No-brainer, IMHO.
completely agree, all i need to know is WHEN?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:04 PM

If I dont have those plugins now and they could have been purchased. I guess I don't really need them! It not justification for me. I must be alone in that I don't want to spend money every few months on th same program.

Thanks

"please stop OVER-complicating simple things"
Old 02-13-2006, 05:22 PM

Maybe I missed something, but...

You don't have to buy it! Period. People are acting like Digi is FORCING you to buy stuff. It's like buying a car. If a new sound system you like comes out, or a newer model with a killer engine is introduced, do you say you don't want to spend money every few months on a new car? Or do you say, man that engine is nice, but I'm happy with my car.

7.1 is FREE! They're not charging you for that, they're introducing a new "toolkit" which, again, you don't have to buy!

It's a value if you want just a couple things in there. Hey, ask all the EIV owners who bought their sampler and not even a year later EMU brought out a unit that was less than half the price. I know where you're coming from, but again, some people are acting like they're being forced to buy it (and don't give me the 001 situation, 'cause 5 years is a nice lifetime for a piece of gear).
Peace
Old 02-13-2006, 05:30 PM

I got two upgrades when Digi released the 7.0, I didn't get the Smack LE, which I regret, but I have the DINR and the MP3 option already! I thing a good idea would be to mix up the options with the Music Tool Kit only. They can use some of their other Bomb Factory plug-ins and their newly acquired Trillium Lab plug-ins giving those who purchase the Kit a little variety. I have no problem paying for the 48 tracks and the multi track beat detective, but as said before choosing which plug-ins you want would be cool!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:37 AM

hell freakin ya we're being forced to buy it. How long have we all been REQUESTING a larger track count?? A very long time. How many upgrades were in between that request. I'm sorry that you feel sooooooooooo happy and willing to paid for every little thing that's released. Why don't we all just mailed them our check books with all the checks signed or maybe sign up for "Auto Upgrade cash Deduction"

Maybe that's the reason they are doing what there doing.....cause they know folks with that attitude is gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe. But hey, do what you feel, its your money. sorry no disrepect meant.

"please stop OVER-complicating simple things"
Old 02-14-2006, 01:12 AM

You are not being forced to buy it, just don't buy it if you have such a great objection. It's not rocket science......

Go to another platform, whatever, stop complaining, drives me nuts!!! Same as Cubase!
Old 02-14-2006, 05:58 AM

I feel like Digi is Forcing me to buy some plug-ins to get the new PT features.

Why do I have to get some plug-ins that I don't want, or don't need, or don't like, or that I already have, to get the track count expansion and the multitrack beat detective?

I can't understad it.

I want to be free to buy only the ProTools new features, without any plug-in.

The toolkits are great kits that can make us save a lot of money...that's true.
But the Digidesign decision to give some PT new features only inside these kits
is a mistake. So I do think that Digi is forcing me to buy something I don't want to buy.

What do you - happy guys - think about a next PT major upgrade, say PT 7.5. sold only inside a 400€ kit containing other plug-ins?
still happy guys?

my 2 €cents.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:58 AM

[double post]