Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Computer hangs at PT startup since upgrade to 7.0

I upgraded from 6.9 to 7.0 a few weeks ago and have had problems starting PTLE since then. It takes two or three reboots and attempts at startup before PTLE will load completely. The problem occurs while the splash screen is showing. It starts and immediately jumps to "Loading DAE setup" (something to that effect)and hangs. The computer won't even let me stop the program with the task manager or restart Windows when that happens. I have to hit the reset button to restart.

My system is an ASUS A7V600 motherboard with an Athlon XP2500+ CPU and 1GB of Crucial RAM running XP Pro with SP2. Before the upgrade this never happened. I have installed the latest PT CS updates hoping that the fix for whatever is causing this would be included. I have searched the Answerbase without luck. I am hoping that someone else has had this problem and found a fix for it. I am at work right now so I don't have the Sandra data handy but I can post it tomorrow when I get off if necessary.

Any ideas guys?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Computer hangs at PT startup since upgrade to

I've got the same problem. 7.0 on an Mbox2. The first time I launch PTLE after a reboot - I get a hang on DAE error -1115 as PTLE is starting up. It closes itself down, and the 2nd time it always opens. I had 6.8 running (well, not totally running, see below) - and never had that error. Since I upgraded to 7.0 I get this DAE error. Tried to uninstall 7.0 and do a clean reinstall - which decided to crash my Windows XP system files, so I had another mess on my hands simply getting my computer to boot up again. Finally fixed that, got a clean 7.0 install - but still have this DAE problem. Tried deleting DAE preference files as states in the "General Troubleshooting Thread" - but still no luck.

I'm running a Dell 4700 (yes, with the 915 chipset). 2.8 ghz HT, gig of RAM, dedicated Firewire drive for PTLE - but I recognize the chipset further complicates things. When I had 6.8 had other errors - but not this DAE thing. I've been pouring over the tropics trying to find workarounds with my machine - and just got a powered USB hub, but still working on getting the system to work.

Anyone?

-Matt
Old 02-11-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Computer hangs at PT startup since upgrade to 7.0

We had the same problem, reformatted and reinstalled 7.0 clean. Takes 3 seconds to load now. For what ever reason XP does not like the upgrade.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
We had the same problem, reformatted and reinstalled 7.0 clean. Takes 3 seconds to load now. For what ever reason XP does not like the upgrade.
Well it's been a while since I have done that so I guess I am due. It seems that every so often I will have some reason I need to do this and it always speeds things up and everything runs better. Thanks for the reply.

Anyone else having this problem?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 AM

I have the same problem, need a solution.....when we say "reformat do we mean remove PT or reinstall the OS??
Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Avid

Have you verified that all installed plug-ins are Pro Tools 7 compatible? If not, start there - if you are unsure about the compatibility of a particular plug-in, remove it until it's compatibility can be determined.

More information on plug-in compatibility can be found here:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/70/
Old 02-14-2006, 12:08 PM

the only third party plug i have is izotope. the others are the ones that came with PT LE7 with the addition of the dynamics III plugin. if i read the document correctly, izotope is cool with le7. any other ideas?

thanks
-aaron