Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-06-2006, 11:56 PM

Default Problems updating 002 firmware

Okay so i have been gone for a while and have just gotten to where i am able to get back into doing some music. I just purchased, downloaded and installed pt7 but everytime i boot up pt it tries to update my firmware. I agree to let it do it and it takes forever and when it finally gets about halfway pt just closes out. It is trying to update from v1.20r to v1.21r.

I have tried this multiple times with no success. I have the old recommended adaptec fireware card and and my computer worked fine with the old software version but i wanted the new dr3 plugs so i upgraded. I searched and couldnt find any topics on "firmware" even though i am sure i cant be the only person with this problem.

Thanks for the help. I got the itch but want to get everything running right.

Christian
Old 02-07-2006, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Problems updating 002 firmware

Has this never been an issue? I am sure i cannot be the the only person to suffer from this. Digi Admin?

Christian
Old 02-07-2006, 01:50 PM

Took me a couple of goes, but it worked.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Took me a couple of goes, but it worked.
Same here. I didn't think it was ever gonna do it's thing but it finally did after God knows how many tries. Probably should have just not sat there staring at the thing. Like waiting for a teapot to boil, ya know?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:58 PM

Whats up joe hows old T-Town?

Thanks for the info...i have tried like 8 times now and still no good. It says it could take up to 10 minutes but it takes longer and craps out. I guess i will keep on trying. Weird that it wont just take.

Christian
Old 02-08-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Whats up joe hows old T-Town?

Thanks for the info...i have tried like 8 times now and still no good. It says it could take up to 10 minutes but it takes longer and craps out. I guess i will keep on trying. Weird that it wont just take.

Christian
T-Town is great Christian. How are things down your way? Settling down any? Good to see you online again here.

I don't know at which point I would finally give up and call Digi on this one but I think that time is approaching for you. Honestly it seems like you have given it plenty of tries. As I said, it took me multiple tries the last time but I was getting anxious then.

Come to think of it that was when my power harness started getting flaky. I have had to re-plug it several times and have contacted Digi about a replacement. I just have to call them now and plead my case to someone live on the phone and they should zip me out a new harness. Hmm, sorry for the tangent there...my point was this.....is it possible that you have the power harness issue? Ever had any of the signs and symptoms? Good luck with this. Please keep us up to date on how it works out. Again, glad to have you back with us!

Old 02-23-2006, 09:44 PM

Still no luck with the firmware...i guess i will be calling digi tomorrow if i get a chance.

Christian
Old 02-24-2006, 11:57 AM

I had the same problem when I upgraded to PT7.
Tried many, many times.

Finally solved it by disabling my wi-fi connection.
Didn't realize that it used up so much of the CPU.

I would suggest maybe going to task manager (Ctrl +Alt +Delete), and taking a look there as well.
Disable any programs that use up a lot of memory.

Hope this helps...