Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 11-20-2011, 08:01 AM

Default MC Transport Feature request

Hi!
I use the MC Transport for Avid MC and Nuendo. When working with Avid MC I have to press the Jog softkey to activate the Jog mode. First question: when in Jog mode it would be nice to have the timecode in the display rather than the word "jog". When not in Jog mode but in Shuttle mode the timecode is there.
Second question: why I have to use two buttons for the Jog and Shuttle mode anyway? I think it would be better to have an active Jog And Shuttle as a default and have two more keys for other tasks. Not only in Avid MC but Nuendo also.

Thanks,
Christoph
Old 11-20-2011, 11:31 AM

Default Re: MC Transport Feature request

You always see the timecode in minutes/seconds. But I have little interest in this. I always want to see the time display in bars/beats.

Would be nice if there was a way to keep the bars/beats visible when using "jog".

Perhaps there could be an option to swap minutes/seconds with bars/beats, so bars/beats appears on the upper (larger) display instead. Then the lower display could still read "jog" when engaged.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-euphonix View Post
You always see the timecode in minutes/seconds. But I have little interest in this. I always want to see the time display in bars/beats.

Would be nice if there was a way to keep the bars/beats visible when using "jog".

Perhaps there could be an option to swap minutes/seconds with bars/beats, so bars/beats appears on the upper (larger) display instead. Then the lower display could still read "jog" when engaged.
I asked support about this a while back and they said it's not possible due to the way apple sends data to Eucon.. I'm not sure if I am convinced, due to the fact that both types of displays make it to the transport and it should just be a matter of choosing which one.

Also, the jog/shuttle toggle button is a good thing, cause you might want it off and move the wheel accidentally.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:44 PM

Re the bar/beat display - not sure I'm convinced either - but thanks for trying