Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2003, 07:33 AM

Default Waves Lexicon Reverb Plugin

If this caught your eye then please sign below and I'll submit it to Waves. They are looking for suggestions right now for new product development and I'd love to see Waves develop the best Reverb plugin on the market bundled with Waves Gold and Platinum. Let me know which models you would like to see or any other product ideas you may have.
Thanks,
Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Waves Lexicon Reverb Plugin

Allen,

I don't know if Waves would go that route, they've never emmulated anyone elses product before. They've always done their own thing and had great success doing it. I'm very happy with their current reverbs so a new one would have to be really top notch without draining the CPU.

What i'd like to see is the ultimate mastering plugin. Something like a suped-up version of RChannel+L2 and some other tools with everything you need for bouncing to disk and going straight to CD.

Marc
Old 03-28-2003, 07:54 AM

Allen, i'm not against your idea, infact you can take this as my official vote for a better reverb. I just thought of something else that I would really like to see them develope so I thought i'd throw it out there as another future plugin candidate. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Marc
Old 03-28-2003, 07:57 AM

Count me in.
Jonmark
Old 03-28-2003, 07:58 AM

I would love to see Waves try their hand at a tape sat./tube emulator. I find the Waves Mastering suite to be more than adequate. Waves needs more color tools (akin to Ren eq, but JUST colors..) SOMEBODY has to bring this stuff over to the PC side. McDSP/DUY shun us. Maybe Waves can take care of this (and put those bastards to shame for not supporting us)
Old 03-28-2003, 08:00 AM

i'm in too!
cw
Old 03-28-2003, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mlemos:
Allen, i'm not against your idea, infact you can take this as my official vote for a better reverb. I just thought of something else that I would really like to see them develope so I thought i'd throw it out there as another future plugin candidate. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Marc
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Marc, thanks. I'm glad to get your feedback here on other product ideas. I'm sure they want to know this too so I changed the post to include new product ideas. I think the reverb is due for a revamping myself as it sounds sterile to me. Definitely a leap over Dverb, but needs more warmth. Reverb is one of the most used plugins for ProTools and one of the most important. I just think it would rock to get a plugin that would emulate the famous hardware versions Lexicon already has.

Old 03-28-2003, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Zeiner:
I would love to see Waves try their hand at a tape sat./tube emulator. I find the Waves Mastering suite to be more than adequate. Waves needs more color tools (akin to Ren eq, but JUST colors..) SOMEBODY has to bring this stuff over to the PC side. McDSP/DUY shun us. Maybe Waves can take care of this (and put those bastards to shame for not supporting us)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Matt,
Great suggestion. Are you talking about something like www.cranesong.com has developed? I think they have a dither plugin that adds analog type sounds. I like it.
Thanks,
Old 03-28-2003, 08:19 AM

Allan

You are missing the point here ... Lexicon verbs ARE available in plugin format for TDM (Lexiverb). You can't really say to Wave "Hey dudes can you make a lexicon reverb" .. lexicon own their algorithms and every reverb manufacturer in the hardware realm, Lexicon, TC, AMS (bless their souls), Eventide et.al would be incredibly unlikely to license their algorithms out to a third party. The reverb algorithms those companies have developed stem from years (in lexicon's case probably close to 30 years or research and development).

I personally believe it's a very tall order to find or even develop a native reverb that is up to scratch with the mid to top end reverbs. Given the nature of native plugins and the rife piracy why would you put your heart and soul into developing something REALLY good knowing that it WILL be ripped off. TC Works and UAD have taken the hardware dongle approach (with the PowerCore and UAD1 cards respectively). Piracy was one of the main reasons Universal Audio shelved he native PC version of RealVerb!

For my money, and I think someone may have mentioned it in another thread i'm looking for more characterful reverbs. I'm not that into trying to emulate real world spaces, I want the more messed up sounding stuff like you can get out of an old AMS RMX16. I have been using the Dverb a LOT recenly with the ambience and non-linear programs and have been loving it.

If you really want to petition something, i'd try and get digi to release a native version of their Reverb One plugin which is EXCELLENT!

Now back to waves, they have always been pioneers in developing stuff that is ahead of the rest .. their interest in people's ideas for new plugins is more along the lines of tell us something really groundbreaking and unique rather than can you give me a 480L for $900 bucks and an iLok.

I'm more jazzed about new plugins that do stuff that CAN'T physically be done in hardware. In the native domain you have the benefit of being able to see into the future so i'm more interested in time manipulating stuff. I've been using a lot of granular synthesis style effects in recent projects using Native Instruments Reaktor and Spektral Delay (which is SO AWESOME). That kind of stuff to me is much more interesting than yet another .. "hey it sounds like a real room" verbs.

Now if someone can make a native reverb that doesn't sound pingy on short reverb times i'll be very happy .. the long stuff they have nailed, but short plates and rooms still don't sound as good as an old EMT gold foil [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Marcus
Old 03-28-2003, 08:49 AM

My $0.02 would be:

DaD Valve and DaD Tape type plugs. The Antares plug is very limited IMHO.

Eric

Eric