Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-06-2000, 01:52 PM

Default ADAT SYNC AGAIN ! ! ! !

I am planning on purchasing the Digi 001. I also plan on syncing to ADAT. I will need to import/export I/O Pro Tools and to/from ADAT in sync.

After many hours pouring over the message boards on the subject, I still cannot find a definitive answer on the subject. I have the original DataSync with only an ADAT sync in, midi merge in and midi out. Can I still use this by simply setting ALL clocks to slave from the ADAT time code?

I know I would still have to use the ADAT transport controls but, that is a minor encumberance compared to the problems I have seen others having.

I have also been reading the problems with clock resolution for extended periods of time (ie: 5+ minutes). This has me a little worried since most of my music lasts 7-8 minutes.

My last concern is the Explosive sound and screeching problem that so many others with lots of Pro Tools experience are having.

This is a huge investment for my measly budget and I need to be absolutly sure that I make all of the right purchases.

Any responce will be undyingly appreciated.

Eric Heil
Lawrenceville,GA

Eric Heil
Angelic Productions, LLC
More Pro Tools rigs than I can shake a stick at...
www.AngelicLive.com
FaceBook Me!
Old 12-07-2000, 10:33 AM

Default Re: ADAT SYNC AGAIN ! ! ! !

Well Eric, since you asked for ANY response, I'll at least give you my story:

I am not sure about the original dataSync. I have used the dataSync 2 to take tracks from ADAT into and out of PTLE with great success, even done multiple passes and found the tracks from subsequent passes to be in very good sync to the earlier ones, if not perfect. However, most of my songs are 3-4 minutes long.
I have NEVER had the exploding sound, and, though obviously several people have, I think the myriads of users that have not experienced any such problem are not speaking as loudly right now as those who have. The 001 is not a perfect system, but it is an incredibly powerful tool for the money.
Out,
kc
Old 12-07-2000, 03:31 PM

Default Re: ADAT SYNC AGAIN ! ! ! !

Thanks KC,

I guess it just had me a little worried. I've built a "from the ground up" system specifically for Digi 001. I would hate to waste money trying to match the wrong system environment and have to start over for say...MOTU. Have you noticed "any" sample drift in the 3-4 min songs that you're doing?

Eric Heil
Angelic Productions, LLC
More Pro Tools rigs than I can shake a stick at...
www.AngelicLive.com
FaceBook Me!