How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 05-19-2021, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Folder Feature Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
It might just be me but I find "Show All Tracks" so confusing now. I open up a session I haven't looked at for a couple of months, and I want to see all the tracks. But you end having to do a little dance where you have to make sure all the folders are open AND then make sure there are no hidden tracks within that folder. Unless there's some way of doing all of this in one fell swoop? I haven't found it yet.
Same issue. "Show All" should show every track in the session period. This can be really dangerous when conforming or doing a "cut time" or "add time" with tracks still hidden.
Old 05-19-2021, 02:30 PM

I've got a problem with recalling different folder track open/close states. I think a "folder open/close state" check box should be added to the memory location window.

Currently I have folder tracks for different groups (VCAs, DX, SFX, Music, Verbs, Printmaster). I set up different memory locations to recall which folders are open and closed by checking the "track visibility" box in the memory location window. This does recall which folders are opened and closed but it also forces you to show/hide tracks within that folder.

What I'd like is to be able to only recall the open/close state of all the folders in the session. That way, I can add tracks into each folder, or hide tracks within a folder and when I recall the memory location any changes I made within the folder are maintained without having to update the memory location any time I make a change within a folder.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:45 AM

"Folder" "clips" would be handy, so you can e.g. grab "sections" within folders as easily as you can a normal clip. For instance I find not being able to just grab and drag these grouped "bits" counter-intuitive and annoying...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 12.43.10.png (16.4 KB, 0 views)