Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-25-2004, 01:45 PM

Default Help-Automating amplitube wah level

No matter what I try, I cannot automate this parameter for this plugin. Anyone have any success with this? I`m using version 6.1, thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Help-Automating amplitube wah level

I've had no problem with that. I assign the "WAH" level to a fader on the DIGI002, enable autowrite, and wow-chika-wow-chika-wow-chika-wow.
On one session though, I couldn't get master bypass to work
DM

---------------------------------
Imac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3GB Ram DIGI002 OS 10.5.6
PT8.1
Old 01-25-2004, 06:47 PM

Drunken Master-
Quote:
..I assign the "WAH" level to a fader on the DIGI002,...
DM
Drunken Master,
How is this done exactly? I've never tried it. I'm using 001/6.1.1.
thanks very much, Roy
Old 01-26-2004, 10:29 PM

open the plug and click on "auto"
You should see a very long list of automatable paramaters. Select the paramater you want (wah) by clicking ADD. make sure you have automation enabled for plugins in your "automation enable" window. set the track to "auto-write." Unless youre using a control surface you'll have to use youre mouse to do the wah moves (Control surfaces rock!). press play and turn the little knob from side to side. You should be set. Or you can change your track view from "Waveform" to "Amplitube-wah" and draw the change in. Once you have enabled a plug's parameter for automation it becomes available in your track view list. I usually assign the wah effect to a physical fader and do it live in real time, then go back and clean and tighten it up in track view mode.
This is the basic set up for automation of any plugin, so Im assuming you haven't tried this on ANY plugin. If you have but you're saying it just doesn't work on amplitube, I've no idea what the problem is.
hope this was helpful. Let me know how it works out.
DM

---------------------------------
Imac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
3GB Ram DIGI002 OS 10.5.6
PT8.1
Old 01-27-2004, 09:08 PM

Quote:
open the plug and click on "auto"
You should see a very long list of automatable paramaters. Select the paramater you want (wah) by clicking ADD. make sure you have automation enabled for plugins in your "automation enable" window. set the track to "auto-write." Unless youre using a control surface you'll have to use youre mouse to do the wah moves (Control surfaces rock!). press play and turn the little knob from side to side. You should be set. Or you can change your track view from "Waveform" to "Amplitube-wah" and draw the change in. Once you have enabled a plug's parameter for automation it becomes available in your track view list. I usually assign the wah effect to a physical fader and do it live in real time, then go back and clean and tighten it up in track view mode.
This is the basic set up for automation of any plugin, so Im assuming you haven't tried this on ANY plugin. If you have but you're saying it just doesn't work on amplitube, I've no idea what the problem is.
hope this was helpful. Let me know how it works out.
DM
This is exactly what I did and it did not work. I`ve even tried automating a parameter of another plugin just to make sure a global setting was preventing me from writing automation, but that was not the case. I was able to write automation. I`m completely stumped on this one. I`m emailed Ikmultimedia a couple of days ago, so when they get back to me, I`ll post back. Again thanks for your help.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 PM

Drunken Master,
Thanks for taking the time to tell me. I had not had call to automate in Amplitube before, but this may be interesting.
thanks, Roy
Old 09-13-2021, 12:43 PM

I don't know if it's because everyone who writes these automation directions is using another version of Pro Tools than me (and all the other people saying "it just doesn't work") or what, but THERE IS A STEP MISSING from these directions. After you add the parameters you want to change via the AUTO button on Amplitube, you have to right-click the Amplitube plugin in the track in question in Pro Tools and choose "Automation Dialog." There you can see the parameter and add it to the list on the right side. Click Ok and voilà, you can click on the "Playlists/Waveform/whatever you currently have selected" button, choose the parameter and draw it in. Or you know, use the Write function and do it intuitively during playback if that's what floats your boat.

To summarize:
  • Open the Amplitube plugin, click AUTO (all the way on the bottom right), find the parameter you want to change and add it to the list on the right.
    OR to do it in a simpler way:
  • Right-click the parameter you want to change, Assign Automation and put it in one of the parameters
    Whatever you chose above, you can now proceed as follows:
  • Right-click the Amplitube plugin in the track in question in Pro Tools and choose "Automation Dialog." There you can see the parameter and add it to the list on the right side. Click Ok.
  • Voilà, you can now click on the "Playlists/Waveform/whatever you currently have selected" button, choose the parameter and draw it in. Or you know, use the Write function and do it intuitively during playback if that's what floats your boat.