Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-26-2004, 06:32 AM

Default Help-Amplitube automation

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any success automating the wah level? I`ve tried everything and I just can`t get it to work. I`ve done a search on these forums but nothing has worked. I`m using PT 6.1, amplitube is from the ikmultimedia bundle, version le. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Help-Amplitube automation

I guess my question is the same. How does one automate using amplitube (particularly the wah level).
Old 05-23-2004, 10:35 PM

alright it took me awhile to get the hang of this. first you have the recording of the track that you want to ad the automation to. in your cases the wah. you go into the amplitube effect window and click auto. a new box opens withing protools. with a list of names like gain, overdrive,post eq,reverb, stuff like that you click on the desired item to automate. and click add. for wah add all the items that are changed. in amplitube make sure the wah is on manual or just ON i think. before playback of the track under the track name, there is a box that by default says READ. click on this and a drop down menu will apear. click WRITE. ( which i think is the lowest one. i'm doin this off memory) play back the track and change the parameters durning playback. playback again to hear and see the wah change. if you click on the far left side of the screen in pro tools right below the track name on waveforms and change it to plugin - then wah you will see the lines with in the track. change these to fine tune the sound perfectly.

hope that helps you all. if u guys need any help or i didn't explain something email me at [email protected] and i'll help you out.

...!
Old 09-13-2021, 12:52 PM

I don't know if it's because everyone who writes these automation directions is using another version of Pro Tools than me (and all the other people saying "it just doesn't work") or what, but THERE IS A STEP MISSING from these directions. After you add the parameters you want to change via the AUTO button on Amplitube, you have to right-click the Amplitube plugin in the track in question in Pro Tools and choose "Automation Dialog." There you can see the parameter and add it to the list on the right side. Click Ok and voilà, you can click on the "Playlists/Waveform/whatever you currently have selected" button, choose the parameter and draw it in. Or you know, use the Write function and do it intuitively during playback if that's what floats your boat.

To summarize:
  • Open the Amplitube plugin, click AUTO (all the way on the bottom right), find the parameter you want to change and add it to the list on the right.
    OR to do it in a simpler way:
  • Right-click the parameter you want to change, Assign Automation and put it in one of the parameters
    Whatever you chose above, you can now proceed as follows:
  • Right-click the Amplitube plugin in the track in question in Pro Tools and choose "Automation Dialog." There you can see the parameter and add it to the list on the right side. Click Ok.
  • Voilà, you can now click on the "Playlists/Waveform/whatever you currently have selected" button, choose the parameter and draw it in. Or you know, use the Write function and do it intuitively during playback if that's what floats your boat.