Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2021, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Is there a way to see how I quantized a midi region?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robruce View Post
PT does not automatically recall or list those types of edits even within an open session, short of Cmnd Z "undo". If you're opposed to a possible workaround then skip the one below.

Duplicate the original performance take, lock the original.

Name the new take/version "logic groove x" or "87% swing" etc. and simply store every new variation that way. You'll at least be able to get back to those different groove approaches and tweak on those if you name them clearly. hth
yes thank you, this is a workaround, similar to what i've done. I'm surprised it can't be stored as some kind of meta data, not that I know the first thing about writing code.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
No genius. I posted my response from Avid AFTER I posted here, hence the use of 'edit'. But thanks for another productive post.
How tf would anyone know the chain of events simply because you typed “edit”. Honestly, it’s clear from your responses that you’re trash. I’ll be sure not to chime in when I see you needing help again. 👌
Old 08-12-2021, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown View Post
How tf would anyone know the chain of events simply because you typed “edit”. Honestly, it’s clear from your responses that you’re trash. I’ll be sure not to chime in when I see you needing help again. 👌
Well, how would HE know the chain of events? So what was your response to the guy who thrashed me that I responded to? Did you read his post? See, that's the problem. I asked a very specific question, and it turns to this. My feeling is, either have a response to help the o.p. or just move on. it's totally fine if you don't know the answer. it's not ok to trash me, which is what the guy did.

And what you did. I'll try to sleep knowing I won't be the receiver of your wisdom.