Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 03:24 PM

Default MBOX PLAYBACK PROBLEM/HISS

Hello all:
I am using an MBOX with Pro Tools LE ( G5 Dual 2.0 is my rig )

For the first time I noticed that my input signal is crystal clear, when listening to the live tracks being monitored in that fashion.
however, when I listen to the playback or even start to mix the signals to monitor while recording, I am getting a hideous buzz/whine/hiss . I've tried bouncing the track s to I-tunes to monitor outside of the program and it seemed to follow during transfer.

I am at a loss. this was fine up until yesterday. has anyone else experienced this before?
Anyone have a fix?
Please help!!!!!
i am losing sanity!

Thanks
Josh
Old 08-20-2008, 04:57 PM

Did you ever figure out what was causing this problem? I've been having what sounds like the same issue (Mbox, PT LE 6.9.2, Powerbook G4), where during playback, all I'll hear is a loud, fuzzy kind of 'hiss'. Usually goes away if I unplug the Mbox and restart PT, but it comes back invariably. Sometimes it'll come and go during a session. Very strange.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM

I've had a similar problem--enough to make me think i had damaged a speaker. In my case, it was simply that I had left the settings on the Mbox where they had been for recording an acoustic guitar, and it was line noise. It drove me nuts for a little while, though. Try turning down the volume on the inputs.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:19 AM
Avid

One other thing to try would be trashing preferences, especially if you've been working the same the whole time and the problem suddenly started occurring.