Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2008, 03:09 AM

Default How do i record MIDI notes as an audio track??

Hey guys/girls, I need your assistance please!! SO here's what i've done...I created 2 new tracks... Track one is audio, where i set Battery V3 as the plugin and Track two is a MIDI track, where i changed the "Out 1-2" to channel one on Battery v3... I then loaded my sample in Battery v3 and applied that sample to one of my drum pads on my Roland Fantom-X8.... then I used the metronome in Pro Tools to time with my Sample and when i recorded I just pressed the button once (recorded the midi note on the midi track)... So I made a perfect 2 bar loop but it's recorded in the MIDI track... I am trying to get the audio for this loop so I can hit ALT + R and repeat it...Not just have the MIDI notes for it...How can I do this???

[email protected]
Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 AM

Default Re: How do i save MIDI notes as audio??

Hi there I'v done this before. As Always it takes less time to do it than to read it. just follow the steps below.

1.When first setting up create a Stereo AUX Input for each virtual instrument instance you want.
Then insert the virtual instrument on that Aux Input track. Name it.

2.Press and hold Cntrl and click on that Aux's Solo button. This will solo safe that AUX.Handy

3.Create and route the MIDI track(s) which will trigger the virtual instrument. Name them before pressing record.

4.When you're ready to render it to audio you need to change the output tab of the Aux track from "Audio 1/2" to an unused "BUSS"

5.Now create an Audio track and set its input tab to match the Auxes "buss" setting. Name it before pressing record.

6. Arm the audio track, rewind and start recording,
Old 01-31-2008, 11:23 AM

Default Re: How do i save MIDI notes as audio??

Wow people actually reply fast on this forum, PERFECT!!! thanks a lot much appreciation...