Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-03-2021, 01:22 PM

Default Worth buying Artist Control now that not no longer officially supported?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been looking at buying an S1, but have been hesitant because I feel I would want to have the dock to make it a “complete system.” To me, the Artist control offers both advantages of multiple faders as well as Avid Dock-style vertical encoders for ease of plug in control. Guess my question is would buying a used artist control have any real disadvantages over an S1 usage-wise? Also I worry now that it is officially no longer supported it will quickly be dropped from working with ProTools. (Like the command8 or any other expired surface was.) However, buying a used Control is 1/4 the cost of an S1 alone, which makes me need to at least investigate the possibility.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by ryanbrubacher; 08-03-2021 at 02:53 PM.