Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 01:11 AM

Default Re: Track input toggle from touchscreen

Thank you for trying, but… please read the thread. Answers to at least one of your questions are in there.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Right.

So let’s review.

a) clients of Avid request a feature. I personally had been told it was being worked on by your predecessor.
b) beyond PMs via the forum, e-mails, and support requests from others, an IdeaScale was submitted by me personally.
c) over a decade of requests and it didn’t happen. In the meantime, your clients have not been told that it CAN’T happen, and the product goes EOL, which means that less resources than ever will be dedicated to solving the problem.

You now have also confirmed that where you left it with me in our private correspondence is - the same as ever. It’s not that it can’t be done, and it’s not that it won’t be done, but it remains not implemented. And this was how many months ago?

As such, when you say “I’m pretty sure I answered it many times already”, well… what is this answer? To say “we can but we haven’t” isn’t an answer after a decade of requests. Some of that decade is when your predecessor was in charge, of course, and you’ve done TONS of work even getting these old devices to work pretty close to their full potential. That should not remain unappreciated. But how is your paying client supposed to make a reasonable, accomplishable request to AVID such that it gets implemented before a product goes EOL? All suggested proper steps have been taken, I’ve even taken the offside approach of e-mailing you and PMing you via the forum, and even further, trying to keep this bratty thread going because nothing else seems to work. My only resort is to call out AVID in their own public forum in the hopes that the others who have requested the feature - again, not just for my old Artist Control, as post #14 confirms - can get their due despite the lack of action or resources on the part of AVID.
So?
Old 08-24-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
So?
Just checking.

A decade worth of requesting a legitimately useful feature, legitimately requested through the various channels through the years, one that Avid agrees should have been done at some point. Still doesn't get done.

How are users supposed to get Avid to both listen AND execute rather than just listen and placate?
Old 10-04-2021, 09:07 PM

2021.10?
Old 10-08-2021, 07:51 AM

No?
Old 10-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Avid

Closing this thread as it's been answered. (Multiple times)
Closed Thread