Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 07:21 AM

Default Track input toggle from touchscreen

I went to search for an old thread that I’d tried to contribute to, one that I’d left alone since 2018 out of respect for the tremendous efforts of Eddie Jones, only to find that it has been closed. The thread itself went back to 2012, and my request went back to 2015 when I got my Artist Control. At the time, I was replacing a Command 8 that I’d still be using except it died.

Any other issues I’ve had with this replacement have since been remedied, again, thanks to the efforts of Eddie Jones and crew... except for one: being able to toggle track input status via the touchscreen (or some sort of one-touch action rather than the multiple actions currently required to do this). My Command 8 did it, and I still don’t really understand why it isn’t Euconized so I could add it to a softkey... but really, I feel it should be along the other track toggles on the touchscreen: solo, record, and mute, just like the four buttons on the channel strip. I had asked this of Kyle Splitgerber, I’d started an Ideascale thing... 8 years later (5 for me), product has been EOL’d and there has been no update (but also no outright denial that it will ever be implemented, which gives me a sliver of hope).

Eddie agreed with me at the time that it should have been implemented.

So... I’m asking for an update... and maybe the support of anyone else who is missing this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1FCCC88D-DAC8-42C9-9C06-BFEBA680074D.jpeg (8.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-26-2020, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Track input toggle from touchscreen

I sold my Artist MIX a while ago, but I vaguely remember Shift-Rec would enable Input mode(worth a try)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-26-2020, 11:30 AM

Default Track input toggle from touchscreen

Worth a try (sorry, doesn’t work), but I believe there were some different functionalities between the Mix and Control, e.g. flip mode that I TOTALLY missed from my Command 8 until they fixed the encoder acceleration programming for the EUCON devices. I would dearly have loved that until the encode fix, but it was never implemented for the Artist Control.

Beyond that... if it was a solution, why couldn’t Avid just tell me? I’ve asked for the command to be Euconized so I could create a macro or softkey for myself but that went nowhere.

And to be clear... there are workarounds... but the basic idea is that you can’t easily select the track to toggle this on directly from the Artist Control main touchscreen. I am just lobbying for the buttons on the touchscreen to match the ones on the channel strip as per the screenshot I uploaded... you have three out of four, just finish it properly. There is a new option on one of the softkeys, but you have to page to it. There is a space on the screen just below “Selection” and I don’t understand (in a completely unknowing and ignorant fashion!) how hard it is to plop a graphic there, map it, and assign it a control.

Last edited by Neale; 04-26-2020 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:01 AM

You can create a soft key with shift-i to input toggle the selected tracks. Or globally, alt-k (mac) will Input toggle all record enabled tracks.
Cheers
Stefan
Old 04-29-2020, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crustn View Post
You can create a soft key with shift-i to input toggle the selected tracks. Or globally, alt-k (mac) will Input toggle all record enabled tracks.
Cheers
Stefan

Ah. Thanks for that. I never used it from the keyboard.

I would still argue that there’s a place for it on the touchscreen next to record, solo, and mute though.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:04 PM

Seems this isn’t only an issue for the EOL’d Artist stuff.

Can we all have this in the June release?

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415321
Old 05-28-2021, 10:31 AM

In another post, it’s been acknowledged that programmable knobs will be added in the June 29th EUCON release, and other “new features” keep being worked on. Can we get the input toggle straightened out, a request that has been on the docket for a good long while, before IdeaScale, something that was even available on my old Command 8 but never implemented via EUCON?
Old 06-28-2021, 09:44 AM

Can we hope for this tomorrow with EUCON 2021.6, or...?
Old 06-29-2021, 12:45 PM

Lots of really good stuff in EUCON 2021.6... but not this. Is there at least a softkey now that we can program from the EUCON command set? Or can we safely assume this oversight will never be rectified?
Old 07-08-2021, 04:02 AM

Is this even on the roadmap at all anymore?
Closed Thread