Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2009, 03:23 PM

Default M-Powered 7.3.1cs7 and Plug in CPU usage problems

Good afternoon, I'm running M-Powered 7.3.1 on a Dell laptop, Pentium 3.06 ghz and 2 gig RAM.. Start a new session...have a drum track, bass track, rhythm and lead guitar track going.. open an aux track and insert Amplitube plug in.... I bus the lead guitar to the aux track and start playback and the error message "running out of CPU usage, close RTAS plug-in or increase playback engine etc... error -9128" My problem is I've got the playback engine all the way up to 2048 and the track still freezes and the same error message comes up.. I know Amplitube is a CPU usage hog, but I haven't had this problem before unless I've tried to have Amplitube inserts on a few different tracks at the same time rather than bussing tracks to an AUX track that has Amplitube on it.. Any thoughts would be a great help since I'm stumpted... Thank you, Rich
Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 AM

Default Re: M-Powered 7.3.1cs7 and Plug in CPU usage problems

Make sure all of your plugins are up to date, not just the offending one. If that doesn't work, you should post a Sandra report on you system.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM

Default Re: M-Powered 7.3.1cs7 and Plug in CPU usage problems

Thanks Tom.. Not sure how to tell if plug-ins are up to date. Is there a process to that? I did have a computer meltdown and had to reinstall everything, but that was awhile ago, and I've got all the product numbers etc. of the plug-ins that I've bought. How does one go about telling if plug-ins are up to date?? Thx