Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 03-27-2021, 08:39 AM

Default Plugin Cycling

Hey Guys, I'm aware that this topic was probably discussed in the past but I would ask your patience to bring this up again. I do not have a good "experience" with it.

1. Is it possible to introduce and on/off option to it?
2. How do you guys tag the plug-ins as DYN, EQ? My Eosis Dessers opened when I hit the EQ button and I was intending to open Harrison Legacy Q or the DMG Equality. Is it down to the developer of the plug-in or is it up to you avid?
2.2 Usually I need to press the EQ several times, until it cycle to LegacyEq and them so one it stays there...
3. Would it be possible to you guys to create some kind of "Channel strip" configuration where we could personally build ours maps, so each time I hit the EQ button it always opend the Desired EQ, no matter the slot it was in?
4. From that point the user would be able to assign the next in the cycle?
5. it kind of side topic, but why we can't have dynamic parameters of Dynamics EQ plugins on the DYN button?

Thanks very much for your attention and any feedback on that matter.
Best
-----
Old 03-27-2021, 10:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: Plugin Cycling

Greetings,

Currently you can designate where the cycling begins - that is on which insert. If it was defeated you would only be able to access the first EQ or DYN detected insert on the strip.

The designation and mapping and labeling of parameters is 100% up to the 3rd party developer.

Have you checked out the last tips discussion I had on cycling and the process to get in and out of cycle?

Custom Maps are coming which will help with the allocation of parameters to knobs. Aggregate function mapping is something I know Eddie also wants to do which is what you are describing.

The short answer is, the dedicated DYN table is really set up for compressor, limiter, expander gate and filters. If accessing dynamic EQ params on something like a Pro-Q3, I recommend using the Insert Parameters view.

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 03-27-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Greetings,
Thanks for the detailed reply as always Jeff!

Quote:
Currently you can designate where the cycling begins - that is on which insert. If it was defeated you would only be able to access the first EQ or DYN detected insert on the strip.
Regarding the designation, are you referring to the preference to select which slot will be use to instantiate the "favorite EQ or DYN" from the console, or is it something else I'm missing?

If so, I will look after your tips on Cycling, that I don't check recently.

Quote:
The designation and mapping and labeling of parameters is 100% up to the 3rd party developer.
Maybe I should check with them, why their plug-in is not labeld as DYN but as EQ? Or Both?

Quote:
Have you checked out the last tips discussion I had on cycling and the process to get in and out of cycle?
Quote:
Custom Maps are coming which will help with the allocation of parameters to knobs. Aggregate function mapping is something I know Eddie also wants to do which is what you are describing.
I don't know If do understand the concept of "Aggregate function mapping"... But I was thinking in a two slot view, where I can drop the EQ I want to shows up every time I press EQ in the console, no matter his slot, since I do use the EQ in different slots if I'm using my Dx Chain or my EFX Chain, that is simpler. Maybe that is "Aggregate function mapping".

Quote:
The short answer is, the dedicated DYN table is really set up for compressor, limiter, expander gate and filters. If accessing dynamic EQ params on something like a Pro-Q3, I recommend using the Insert Parameters view.

I know that, you already told me that for the same reason.
Let's say I'm pushing it a little bit!

cheers
-----
Old 03-29-2021, 06:03 AM
Avid

By aggregate I was referring to multiple functions on the same strip. I believe the original intent for this was to be the User function.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ