How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2021, 07:30 PM

Default Bringing tracks over from Mpowered

Hey team,

I have a bunch of tracks written in mpowered protools that I haven't seen for years, I have just started a trial of proper pro tools after using 'First' for a few years. Now after much hand wringing I recovered my 'First' tracks, although most of them are just the ptx files alone.... but I am really here to ask about the mpowered tracks. I will try to spell it out as clearly as I can. I have all these tracks recorded on mpowered that have been on my desktop unused for years. I recently opened one in proper pro tools and was elated to find in opened completely, all tracks seemed to be there. Great. Now I had much trouble with lost files and my friend has help me set up a file that saves all my music files onto google drive instead of trusting the protools cloud connection which seems like a pain. Soooo I try to do some file admin and take all the old mpowered songs from my desktop into my working google backup file by drop and drag. When completed I try one and find the files are all empty. Boo. I go back to the desktop, retrieve the files from the bin (had tidied up) find they are there and working. Now I try to move the files over by copy and paste. WHOOPSSSSS!!! No idea why this ****ed everything, but now although the files now also copied into my google file LOOK right...they have the wave cache and the backups and the audio files, but when I open them properly in pro tools they now have no tracks. The BIG problem is even when I go back now and open them from the desktop I have the same problem!!!!!! Some how I have wiped them all!!!!! Please Help
Old 09-21-2021, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Bringing tracks over from Mpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGiesen View Post
although the files now also copied into my google file LOOK right...they have the wave cache and the backups and the audio files, but when I open them properly in pro tools they now have no tracks
Hi, What do you mean? The whole session is blank? Or are the tracks empty? Or do the clips need to be re-linked?

I've never saved sessions to the cloud, though it shouldn't be that difficult. Maybe you could try compressing the sessions into a zip file first? But as always when moving sessions around (or as a standard practice) - have a backup that can't be affected in ANY way by whatever files you're moving around.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB