Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 09:55 AM

Default KUDOS TO DAVID SUMICH AND HIS TEAM!

I'd like to say that we thank David Sumich for his hard work and support to this PC forum. Everything has been getting better since you came into our world (sounds like a song). Whether we like or dislike the newest addition to the LE family, it's still movement, and new blood, which is awesome!

Your hard work with the XP support has been the biggest staple for this user community.

Keep up the good work, and bring on those software synths and virtual instruments [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 10:06 AM

Default Re: KUDOS TO DAVID SUMICH AND HIS TEAM!

Quote:
Originally posted by gabriel_p:
I'd like to say that we thank David Sumich for his hard work and support to this PC forum. Everything has been getting better since you came into our world (sounds like a song). Whether we like or dislike the newest addition to the LE family, it's still movement, and new blood, which is awesome!

Your hard work with the XP support has been the biggest staple for this user community.

Keep up the good work, and bring on those software synths and virtual instruments [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yeah, what he said [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 10:16 AM

Many thanks Digi Team for XP support and 32 Tracks. I am now having to rethink my plan to upgrade out of ProtoolsLE into something else.

I must say that I love the protools layout and ease of use. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Robert
Old 07-19-2002, 10:17 AM

David is the one who communicate with us users, also when we do not agree and for that he earns respect! Therefor is this thread important.
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 07-19-2002, 03:38 PM

Yes, I agree. We naturally complain when something happens that we don't like (after all, we're paying for this stuff, so such responses are important), but it's equally important to thank the people responsible for doing a good job on things and getting them right.

David and the Digi team: Thanks! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 07-19-2002, 03:44 PM

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 03:52 PM

Thank you for the kind words on behalf of everyone here at Digi. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time
Old 07-19-2002, 05:20 PM

Our pleasure [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2002, 06:03 PM

OK, now that we all feel good - its time to get back to work!

64 tracks!
rewire!
beat up your 3rd party plug producers for proper support (actually, if you need a hand with that, i know a great place that sells hickory axe handles at a discount...)
and above all - i need less than 0.67 ms latency so drop that buffer down to 32 samples!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:32 PM

Hi dB, wellcome back from dungeon!

Since you have a similar constellation running, can you please say something about the following?

"In between I had Kontakt on "midi through" so that the signal from there became doubled for several times which may have overburdend the second sound card ( it´s a Delta 66 were Kontakts audio signal is delivered from ).
After that there appeared crackling when playing midi but after restarting the computer things seemed to be ok again on first glance.
But when I cranked up the digi to almost max yesterday I found that what comes in from the Delta sounds quite noisy compared to PTs own signals.
I never tried listening to Kontakt/Delta signal that loud before, so I don´t know if I should think this noise to be normal or if something might have got changed within Kontakt or ( worse ) that the Delta card might have been damaged physically .

I suppose it could be simply because the signal coming from the Delta is amplified a second time within PT. But I´m not sure about that."

Thanx!

Lalaman