Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM

Default Audio Midi Setup will not save multichannel config

Since my upgrade to Lion, and new core audio drivers for my 003, multichannel 5.1 playback has not worked. I'm a motion picture sound editor, in the past I have prepped reference DVDs for editorial in 5.1 and could play them back using VLC and my 003. Since the upgrade the multichannel settings will not save within OSX. I switched out interfaces and found it only occurs with the 003. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I would like to playback 5.1 within OSX!

I have tried reinstalling the core audio driver, trashing prefs including Audio Midi Setup prefs to no avail. Any othet suggestions?
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Default Re: Audio Midi Setup will not save multichannel config

I am having the same problem. It just will not save with the 003 and I do not know why? Have you figure out any way to fix this?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 PM

Exclamation Re: Audio Midi Setup will not save multichannel config

Its been months since I posted this, and there is still no response. Multichannel output does not work any more with the 003 through Audio Midi Setup. I spent a whole day trying to figure it out again today, deleting plists, reinstalling the 003 driver, updating OSX to 10.7.3, trashing prefs, nothing... Anyone else out there having issues? I'm starting to believe that maybe it means its time to sell my 003, hahahah, might put it on craigslist tonight..
Old 04-13-2012, 04:01 PM

Thanks funny I was trying to get it work today as well and still no luck. I have pretty much done everything that you have done as well and it still will not save. What other interface are you using in the 003 place?
Old 04-13-2012, 04:42 PM

Yea its really annoying and frustrating. I can't reference anything outside of Pro Tools in 5.1, i.e. VLC/Mplayer/Mac Blu-ray Player etc etc.

Funny thing is, I was able to do this before when I was running Pro Tools 8, and the earlier version of the core audio driver.

I have even tried it on multiple systems, just in case there was a OS corruption. No luck, all the systems responded the same way, once the multichannel settings were set for the 003, as soon as you quit they would reset.

There is something wrong with the 003 core audio driver, its not communicating properly with audio midi setup. I think that there is a coding error which doesn't allow it to properly write a plist file. When I change multichannel settings for other interfaces within Audio Midi Setup it retains the information.

I can't imagine AVID addressing this, considering they are planning to discontinue the 003, however it would be great to get a working v10 driver in the interim.

If anyone knows any work around for this please let me know, because I really don't feel like selling my 003 right now, but if I can't get multichannel audio output out of it, I will be forced to.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Same problem here with both 002 and HD Native system. 5.1 settings in Audio MIDI Setup will not save on 10.7.4. Anyone have any luck with this?