Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Default Pro Tools LE 8x with M-Audio MobilePre USB?

Hey everyone,

Forgive me if someone asked this way in the past ... I just can't find the answer quickly right now:

I just got an M-Audio MobilePre USB mic pre for my PC to use for Smaart. It came with a version of Pro Tools 7. I thought about installing it on my PC, but the thing is, I already have PTLE 8 on my G5 tower that I've been running for the last two years with my 003 controller. My question is, since the PTL8 installer DVD carries both the Mac and PC versions, would the PC version be compatible with my M-Audio MobilePre USB interface? Or is the M-Powered and PTLE software systems incompatible with one another's hardware (the 003 and the MobilePre)?

If anyone has an answer, or can point me in the right direction on these forums, please direct me. I don't want to waste a day installing software that won't work and will have to be removed.

Thanks everyone!

Growlyman
Old 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8x with M-Audio MobilePre USB?

Not gonna work, and please observe the DUC rules and ettiquet.

Please post your message once only to the correct forum
(pasted from the upper region of every DUC page)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave