Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 06-26-2022, 02:06 PM

Default Plug ins that are not retained if licence not renewed?

Hello everyone
I have renewed my Perpetual licence from PT 12 to PT Studio

I have read that there are only certain plug ins retained if I don't renew in a years time.
But I cant find out if the plug ins in Audio Suite plug ins are retained, ie Pitch Shift?

Anyone know!?
Old 06-26-2022, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Plug ins that are not retained if licence not renewed?

Those not retained are the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle (you can look what is in that bundle online on Avid's web site) and any new ones that are named/described as being included in subscriptions.

Core plugins that are bundled in Pro Tools never expire. You can always list what those plugins are. The core plugins that are distributed with Pro Tools actually live in /Applications/Pro\ Tools.app/Contents/PlugIns/Core\ Plug-Ins before being copied to the plugin folder. A few of those .aaxplugin files will invoke very multiple similar plugins, e.g. EQIII.aaxplugin is actually multiple EQs with slightly different UIs. But this should all be fairly obvious.