Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 AM

Default 96 & 192 only work in Core Audio and not PT...

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest why my interfaces have stopped showing up in Pro Tools?

The only system changes that I've made are ilok updates, no software updates have been carried out yet they have just stopped showing up in the play back engine dialogue - I get the aggregate I/O and the internal stuff but no HD TDM.
There's nothing wrong with the hardware or it's connections as it works just fine in the OS and Logic. I've trashed prefs for PT and AMS in all accounts and tried everything I can think of but I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Greg
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 AM

Default Re: 96 & 192 only work in Core Audio and not PT...

Are you sure you still have PTHD or (PT + cptk) on ilok? If you have only the regular PT version it doesn't work with the hardware interface from avid. Unless you add the CPTK option.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 07-12-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsmith View Post
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest why my interfaces have stopped showing up in Pro Tools?

The only system changes that I've made are ilok updates, no software updates have been carried out yet they have just stopped showing up in the play back engine dialogue - I get the aggregate I/O and the internal stuff but no HD TDM.
There's nothing wrong with the hardware or it's connections as it works just fine in the OS and Logic. I've trashed prefs for PT and AMS in all accounts and tried everything I can think of but I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Greg
OSX version? Pro Tools version? HD I hope? Have you tried reverting back to a previous state (since you said you updated ilok drivers)? Have you tried reinstalling Pro Tools? The HD drivers?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 AM

Serge,

He has to have an HD license. Having the CPTK license is not the same. It will still function as Core Audio.

@GregSmith,

Try holding down the "N" key as you launch Protools, and see if that brings up the window to change the Playback engine.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
He has to have an HD license. Having the CPTK license is not the same. It will still function as Core Audio.
You are absolutely wright. I don't use CPTK with my avid interfaces.

My apologizes.
http://immersivesoundvr.com/
Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 AM

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, I ought to have said it's 10.6.8 and 9.0.6. I've not tried reinstalling anything as yet, as that's the nuclear option, and it's not possible to roll back the ilok assets. To be clear PT loads and runs just fine, it just can't see the interfaces - there is no HD TDM option in the playback engine drop-down.

In normal circumstances I would just assume that the interface wasn't on at the point of mac boot, and power-cycle everything in the correct order to fix it. But what's strange here is, if I click HW Setup in the core audio driver interface, outside of PT I get access to the hardware config window, just like I would in the Set up>Hardware of PT itself. It's as if the pref file is corrupt or something so that PT just can't list the interface, but as I say I've trashed all the prefs, including Audio MIDI setup, just in case. Even tried under a different user, still no joy.

Greg
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 AM

Try reinstalling the HD drivers, see what happens.

Also, reinstalling Pro Tools is extremely painless. A clean uninstall won't touch any of your plugins. All that gets reinstalled is the DAW itself (and the stock plugins). No need to reinstall VIs and whatnot. It's worth a shot if you think there may be a corruption.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-12-2012, 06:56 AM

Yes I suppose I'll have to. I just wanted to run it by the DUC just to see if anyone had any ideas about what it could be. It's always nice to figure things out just in case you're able to avoid the same thing happening in the future.

Thanks for the advice.