Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2016, 12:19 PM

Default Wavesv5 broken ilok

I am running a G5 HD2 accel Tdm rig..I know, long in the tooth..on which I have waves v5 native and masters bundle. The old blue ilok I have broke and the license is a non moveable one. Waves offered no help as they have discontinued support and their newer versions won't run on my rig. Will ilok be able to issue me a new ilok with that license? Or any other suggestions ..thanks in advance for your replies. I will of course contact ilok as well. Best.

MAC G5 PPC OSX 10.4.9 / PT 7.3 HD2 - I/O 192 /Control 24

DELL Dual Core, MBOX/003R PT 8 WIN XP
Old 04-21-2016, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Wavesv5 broken ilok

At least you should ask iLok what they can do about it. If the key has broken, I believe you send it over to them and they pull the licenses off the chip and re-deposit to your account. Don't know how long it takes or how much it costs, but AFAIK it's their responsibility to help you with a broken key.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Wavesv5 broken ilok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbassett View Post
I am running a G5 HD2 accel Tdm rig..I know, long in the tooth..on which I have waves v5 native and masters bundle. The old blue ilok I have broke and the license is a non moveable one. Waves offered no help as they have discontinued support and their newer versions won't run on my rig. Will ilok be able to issue me a new ilok with that license? Or any other suggestions ..thanks in advance for your replies. I will of course contact ilok as well. Best.
I believe you need to contact PACE and send your iLok into them.

In the future, it might be worth it to get zero down time. It's a big piece of mind knowing that I'm covered.