Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 03-27-2022, 03:52 PM

Default Unable to open local project

Have been amounting projects past 2 years. Lot of work.
I don't want to lose it. PTF does not open projects from project folder or ext drive backed up projects to. EXTREMELY CONCERNED not open when upgrade hard drive. Already one project will not open because I rename to IT'S NAME without having to open every file to see what it is. UNDID rename and still can't open anymore. PLEASE HOW CAN I ENSURE MY PROJECTS ARE ABLE TO OPEN WITH PRO TOOLS FIRST?
Old 03-29-2022, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Unable to open local project

Hi and welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you are modifying the files saved by Pro Tools First, which you should not do. These files have a set of unique Ids and making any changes to them outside of Pro Tools First will render them useless. Please use the Project Dashboard in Pro Tools First to interact with your projects.

If you have projects that you have not modified and still can not open, please post more information on how your system is set up and the error message you are receiving.

A good place to start with getting help on the forum is the Help Us Help You thread, which has great information on general setup, troubleshooting and optimization.

System Details