Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 11:25 AM

Angry Protools 8HD to 10HD Upgrade Price is ridicules!

Protools 8HD to 10HD Upgrade Price is ridicules! I feel used & abused. Left out in the cold. This is just wrong. After the big expenditure I put in a decade ago, PT? HD3 plus the upgrade to the Accel cards & other PT Upgrade buys. We HD users should be paying less to upgrade than LE users (of which I own too). Period!!!!!!!! $500.00 should be enough if not more like around $350.00 for stuff we should of had 2 to 3 years ago.
But Avid goes the direction of stabbing it's highest paid in users in the back in order to make their investment worth even less.
Thanks Avid.....Logic....DP...here I come!!!!!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Protools 8HD to 10HD Upgrade Price is ridicules!

Good luck editing audio in logic..... Or trying to read their wave form.... With all do respect ... Who do you think you are kidding ? You are in love with protools that is the reason you spent so much $$$ ten years ago.... Unfortunately for people who are using protools there is nothing as substance... Believe me I tried .... Unless logic is gonna do a major audio facelift it's not gonna be anything above a very good midi sequencer with amazing virtual instruments and some audio features... And DP? Copy cat of protools... Like 15 years ago Berhinger was for Jackie only worse...
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Mackie.... Damm iOS 5
Avid Omni HD
MacPro 2.4 Xeon 8 core 24Giga
UAD-2 And most of the UAD plugins
All AAX DSP and Native Plugins (all most)
Tons of Hardware...:)
Old 10-29-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilulilu888 View Post
Good luck editing audio in logic..... Or trying to read their wave form.... With all do respect ... Who do you think you are kidding ?
+1 - No where near ProTools. I have used Logic since the early days and never understood why they couldn't make decent software for audio editing. Try it - and you will be back soon.....
Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 AM

Yes, the upgrade pricing is way over the top. As an HD3 Accel (PCI via magma) owner, my plan is to stay with PT 8.1.1 until it doesn't work any longer. At that time I'll dump the hardware for whatever I can get for it and move on. Ten years ago I needed TDM, today it's a luxury not a necessity as what I'm doing is mainly music production. In the meantime, I plan on using Logic for new projects. After my TDM system goes away, I suspect I'll pick up a copy of standard PT for audio, and possibly MIDI, work.

Busch.