Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-15-2022, 04:21 AM

Default TrackAligner

Hello all, I've been a freelance dialogue editor for a good while now!

Last year I started getting ready to release my dialogue toolkit called TrackAligner, it uses SoundRadix's plugin AutoAlign Post to help editors align/fix-sync their conforms/dialogue sessions to GUIDE reference tracks.

Everything was going well and the couple of people I know that were using the tool loved it, I was just waiting for a promised marketing effort from SoundRadix to help me get the word out and get more people testing the tool.

If you're interested there's more info here https://trackaligner.com/ and I'll happily hand out free full licenses to anyone willing to try it out.

This is kind of a "last ditch" attempt for me to get some interest in it, since unfortunately after promising me marketing help for TrackAligner, SoundRadix has decided to join forces with a competitor instead.

Please reply/email/get in touch if you have any interest trying this out, I will literally be giving it away for free since it looks highly likely I'll be shutting down this new venture after 12 months.

All my best
James

Last edited by wichall; 04-16-2022 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-16-2022, 03:38 AM

Default Re: TrackAligner

Hey James,
This all sounds quite familiar to me, and probably to many others in sound who are also programmers (there are quite a few).

I treat my programming as a hobby these days, though have some plans for paid products. It's very difficult to sell stuff though and as much as the hard work of programming is important, marketing and sales is important too. I'm actually in admiration of the people who manage to sell stuff as that is a different skill that I'm not so good at. Still relatively few people know about my software and it's Free(!!) and tbh I'd never heard of your software and I'm mainly a dialogue editor these days so you would've hoped that it'd be something that I would be aware of.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-18-2022, 02:49 AM

Thanks for the support Pete! I have heard of PT Prefs before actually, I think I used it once years and years ago but I have my own scripts now!

Send me a PM with your ilok account id if you're interested in a license and I'll send you a full one.

Best
James
Old 04-18-2022, 03:29 AM

Hey James,
No offence taken, I don't own the market, ha ha ha. It doesn't do anything amazing (the ADR software does though!), it's just useful for a lot of people that don't want to get involved with the details of Pro Tools support files

Yeah, I'd like to have a play around with it, I'll PM you in a bit.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 04-18-2022, 03:41 AM

Haha sorry didn't mean it like that, just a geek so enjoy using my own stuff ��
Old 04-18-2022, 06:35 AM

Totally, me too, like to tinker around, don't always fully finish things as it's not the day job but I like encouraging others to do so if they've put in lots of effort and it's something useful.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 05-07-2022, 08:51 AM

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear they wound up going with a competitor of yours. I'm certainly quite interested in this, as dialogue editing can be quite tiresome at times and having an aligner that's an alternative to VocAlign is of high interest to me!