Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 08-14-2009, 11:02 AM

Default Tdm 6.4 plugins and instruments

Hi i got tdm 6.4 running sweet i have a few plugins that came with pt6.4 i am intersted in getting some other plugins like eleven and perhaps a few bundled instruments or plugin packs is this system to old now or is it ok to buy them many thanks
Old 08-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Tdm 6.4 plugins and instruments

You need to get plugins that state they are PT6.4 and Mix compatible. Eleven won't work, but Amp Farm 2 will. Also checkout the Massey plugins they are mix tdm compatible and good value. McDSP and many others all do mix compatible plugins, just check before you buy
Old 08-20-2009, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Tdm 6.4 plugins and instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogz View Post
Hi i got tdm 6.4 running sweet i have a few plugins that came with pt6.4 i am intersted in getting some other plugins like eleven and perhaps a few bundled instruments or plugin packs is this system to old now or is it ok to buy them many thanks
Like Shane says, make sure you get plug-ins that are backwards compatible for your version. Eleven will definitely not work. Sansamp is another one that should work for amp emulation and McDsp is always a great choice. Again, Massey is a no lose situation, NI Kontact ought to work for midi, Serato for pitch, Autotune 4 or 5, BF plugs for compressors, VocalAlign is one of my favs too, even with elastic audio out in 7.4.