Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2016, 11:15 AM

Default Is Space included with PT Subscription?

I'm a bit confused. According to to this page at the Avid website, Space is one of the included plugins with PT subscription. It's also showing on this list of all included plugins. But, I know I don't have Space, so if it was included, where is it? More confusing is that this page shows its a premium plugin meaning it must be purchased separately. So which is it? Anyone know?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Is Space included with PT Subscription?

Space is both a premium plugin and included as part of the Additional Value content. The download link is in your Avid account if you have it as part of your plan in the section labeled "Additional Value Content included with your software" below the links for Pro Tools. This area must be expanded to view. I have owned Space for years but it still shows in the additional content area of my Avid account in the current "Upgrade and Support Plan" section.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnusX-1Bk2 View Post
Space is both a premium plugin and included as part of the Additional Value content. The download link is in your Avid account if you have it as part of your plan in the section labeled "Additional Value Content included with your software" below the links for Pro Tools. This area must be expanded to view. I have owned Space for years but it still shows in the additional content area of my Avid account in the current "Upgrade and Support Plan" section.
I don't see any of that in my Avid account. I have the PT annual upgrade plan, which I signed up for a year ago. (about to renew in a month or so). But see nothing about "Additional Value content". Is this only available with a different plan? I don't which plan that could be?

Old 09-16-2016, 01:39 PM

Please let us know if http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...lAccessPlugins doesn't help clarify this.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:00 AM

It's part of the "Support" plan, not the "Upgrade" plan. I bought a perpetual iLok asset for $99 when I dropped the support plan.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 09-17-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Please let us know if http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/F...lAccessPlugins doesn't help clarify this.
Well, actually, no it doesn't. This page shows that Space, along with several others, are "accessible with a subscription or annual plan only". I thought a subscription is what I had. I have to renew it each year. Isn't that what a subscription plan is?

It really is NOT clear. This page says it IS included with subscriptions. I set my my subscription up just under a year ago when the new plan was being offered. According to my account page at Avid, I have the perpetual product, which ought to include Space and some of the others that I do not have. So, what gives? This is really quite confusing!

Please clarify.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
It's part of the "Support" plan, not the "Upgrade" plan. I bought a perpetual iLok asset for $99 when I dropped the support plan.
No, I do not think that is correct. There's nothing on any of the pages taking about the bonus plugins that says they are only included with the support plan. They quite clearly say they are included with a subscription or perpetual license plan.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
No, I do not think that is correct. There's nothing on any of the pages taking about the bonus plugins that says they are only included with the support plan. They quite clearly say they are included with a subscription or perpetual license plan.
It clearly states "BONUS PLUG-INS (ACCESSIBLE WITH A SUBSCRIPTION OR ANNUAL PLAN ONLY)" HERE, midway down the page

The subscription plan is the Pro Tools per month plan, the annual plan is the "Support Plan" for perpetual license holders. The original plan offerings where one plan that was $199/yr which included upgrade, support and the bonus plugins. So many people complained about the cost that they split it into two separate plans the 2nd year with upgrade AND/OR support for $99 each with the bonus plugins being part of the support plan, not the upgrade. I know, I only have the upgrade plan. If you don't believe me, look in your account and you will not find any of the bonus plugins there. Now buy the support plan and they will be in your account.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 09-18-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
It clearly states "BONUS PLUG-INS (ACCESSIBLE WITH A SUBSCRIPTION OR ANNUAL PLAN ONLY)" HERE, midway down the page

The subscription plan is the Pro Tools per month plan, the annual plan is the "Support Plan" for perpetual license holders. The original plan offerings where one plan that was $199/yr which included upgrade, support and the bonus plugins. So many people complained about the cost that they split it into two separate plans the 2nd year with upgrade AND/OR support for $99 each with the bonus plugins being part of the support plan, not the upgrade. I know, I only have the upgrade plan. If you don't believe me, look in your account and you will not find any of the bonus plugins there. Now buy the support plan and they will be in your account.
I have all of the bonus plugs and Space in my account for download; Space makes PT cough up a "no valid licence" error message.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:13 PM

You're harping on 1 instance of vague wording because you WANT it to be included with *any* sort of subscription or annual plan. (I would too, of course. ) But the faq that jeffro linked makes clear that "subscription or annual plan" in this case refers specifically to the first year only of a perpetual license or the "Annual Plug-in and Support Plan" which is an extra Benjamin.