Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2016, 11:27 AM

Default Can't Get Audio To Route/Bus Into Audio Track

So I've looked at multiple videos and read for an hour and I can't solve it.

I am trying to do a simple route from my Instrument track into an audio track. I've gone through the bussing configuration every way possible and can't get any signal on my audio track.

On my I/O setting I am matching the INPUT, with the OUTPUT of the track I want to bus, but nothing. I've tried multiple configs.

I thought of doing a POST record bounce, but I need live monitoring and recording. I thought maybe it was a monitoring issue since I can see the 'monitor' speaker icon in the Stereo L+R in the pull down menu, but I have no clue.

It's frustrating. Any ideas? I ran all out.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Can't Get Audio To Route/Bus Into Audio Track

Remember, because of auto input monitoring, you won't get nay signal when you press play. You have to hit record once it's all set up.

Also, depending on the PT version you're using, you could use Commit or drag and drop MIDI to audio.

See here.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:55 PM

Thanks.

I'm actually trying to ReWire some Reason tacks into PT. And I'm splitting the tracks, and trying bus them to an audio track to make them audio files.

I tried record to see whether the signal was coming in an it's not printing to the audio track. I get signals if I route to an Auxiliary Track (If I make one) I see the meter active, but nothing on an audio track. Even when record enabled and in Record Mode.

I hope that's more specific.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:57 PM

Also, I am having EXTREME latency/skipping when I play the ReWire form the REASON side. Almost unplayable.

While if I listen to a ReWire'd song from the Pro Tools side/window, it's playing fine. No buffering.

Something is really off
Old 07-03-2016, 04:33 PM

Figured it all out and was ALL solved by me checking the FREAKING monitor button. I didn't have it enabled. What a mind job. 2 hours over this.