How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2022, 09:56 AM

Default First clips can't move, start time is wrong

Okay, so this is a weird one.

After no change whatsoever, I open up my session and I can't play or see or get to the start of the session.

Pressing enter sends me to 00:00:00:00 timecode, which now magically corresponds to 2/1/480 Bar/Beats, and everything that starts before that is stuck and unplayable.

Selecting the affected clips doesn't reveal clip options (the options in the Clip menu stay greyed out), nudging with one of them selected only nudges the selection. This behavior doesn't reoccur with any clip starting after 2/1/480.

Even the Clip Names are cut off, it's weird.

I've tried Renumber Beats to no avail.

I'm on PT12.5, Windows 10, every driver and plugin is updated. I've restarted PT, the computer, reinstalled PT, audio drivers, tried other interfaces. Nada.

I froze some tracks last time it was working. That's all I've done "differently" that I can think of.

Anyone that tries to help gets a christmas cookie. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (72).jpg (67.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-25-2022, 12:46 PM

Default Re: First clips can't move, start time is wrong

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...+bars+beats+00

Your knowledge of your situation is best, so instead of me summarizing the numerous situations others have found themselves in, and you going "no not that one, not that one"..

Maybe this google search result will turn something up for you.

No cookie please. Consider sharing a social media post about climate change being real as a substitute. More meaningful to me lol.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 12-25-2022, 01:34 PM

Default Re: First clips can't move, start time is wrong

Cookie withheld.

I looked around the google search you shared and with some tinkering got it to kinda work.

I have regained control of the clips. Hurray. But whatever was behind song start is now gone. I dragged the handles back, redid my fades and tweaks, the situation is now fine.

For posterity: This is a bug, it cost me a day of work and the solution revealed that it was destructive. The data I couldn't access is gone. The backups were also affected.

Dear nednednerb: Thank you, regrettably, I am off social media. I do however believe the people who need to know about climate change already do, and the belligerent masses who wish to disprove it will soon pivot to whatever else pokes at their worldview. Have a good day my friend.