How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-24-2022, 09:28 AM

Default Re: Please help - AAE error -7054 - AAX 64 issue

Hi guys,
Luca of Audiority here.

@jongnaiad: I'm sorry you are having a bad experience with GrainSpace, but we only received a ticket from you just today. Unless you used a different email address, that's the first time you contacted us about that.

Since we are out of office (it's 6:30pm here in Italy), tomorrow I'll check GrainSpace against our ProTools and report back both here and on the ticket.

Cheers,
Luca
Old 10-25-2022, 12:52 AM

Hi Luca,

Thank you for the fast reply, I didn't contact you before. I contacted Hornet Plugins, it was the first plugin that showed me the error but I didn't get any answer for my issue. Please let me know if you find something but I believe it's not coming from the plugin itself. It must come from Pro Tools but I can't isolate the source.

Have a nice day
Jon
Old 10-26-2022, 01:28 AM

We are in touch with Avid, trying to get our old licenses back. Unfortunately the current one we have is not compatible with PT 12, so we are unable to run it on our 10.13 VM.

As far as I remember, there were issues starting from 10.11 up to 10.13 caused by an Apple's MobileFramework update. Usually this is found under iTunes Device Update. Reverting back to a previous version is a manual (and not so easy) process and we don't usually suggest that since it could break something if not done the proper way.

What we can do, to confirm that the issue is caused by that framework update, is to get its version number. This could be easily done by opening Terminal and pasting this command:

Code:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Print :CFBundleVersion" /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/version.plist
The one that comes with a fresh 10.13.6 installation (supposedly not causing the issue) is:

the verified BAD version is: 1369.122.1.100.2

Let me know the version number that command is showing, so we can confirm/exclude if the issue is caused by that iTunes update.

Luca
Old 11-14-2022, 12:51 AM

Hi Luca, Sorry for the long delay. I was away from my computer for a while.
I tried your terminal command and the result is 1369.122.1.100.2 :/

What would be the next step? Is there a step by step process to fix that?

Thank you
Have a nice day!
Jon
Old 11-14-2022, 02:01 AM

ps/

https://forum.juce.com/t/issue-with-...796/108?page=5

This could be a solution. I will try and let you know how it goes!
Old 11-14-2022, 05:55 AM

Hallelujah! It worked for me.

So I removed the MobileDevice.framework file from my corrupted system and reinstalled an old MobileDevice.framework I had from an old backup.
Now everything went back to normal. It was due to that Itunes Update.

Thank you Luca for directing me to the right path :)

I found the info on a thread for Logic users that had the same issue with their AU plugins.

If you encounter the same error, you can try the following instructions :

Some details on this, including a fix that solely relies on official Apple downloads TL;DR is Apple is still pushing the bad framework, but a working one for at least 10.11 (El Capitan) systems can be reinstalled via iTunes 12.8.2, after the bad one is deleted. Users will have to disable SIP to swap out the framework, and have to continue to avoid further updates that will reinstall the bad framework. Not ideal by any means, but it IS a way to for users to get their legacy systems functioning again without resorting to bypasses of the verification process or installing frameworks modified by third parties, or depending on individually patched plug-ins from every vendor.

IDENTIFICATION

The easiest way to identify the version # of the installed framework is to issue the following command in the Terminal:
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Print :CFBundleVersion" /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/version.plist
If the command fails rather than printing a version #, see footnote (1).
Known BAD versions incompatible with OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan:
Known GOOD versions compatible with OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan:
As of 22 August 2022, Apple Software Update is still pushing the BAD 1369.122.1.100.2 version of MobileDevice.framework on 10.11.6 El Capitan systems.

WORKAROUND

The ideal workaround is to recover a version of MobileDevice framework from a backup of the target computer prior to the bad update. Unfortunately that is often not possible.
For systems running OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan) the following workaround has been verified relying solely on official Apple downloads. Unfortunately, it requires the user to temporarily disable SIP. There does not appear to be a way to avoid this, since the faulty framework is located in a System folder and SIP must be disabled to remove or replace it.
Steps to disable SIP:
• Shut down computer
• Press and hold cmd-R while starting the computer
• Release the cmd and ‘R’ keys when the progress bar appears
• Select a preferred language if prompted
• Select Utilities->Terminal from main menu
• Enter the command:
csrutil disable
• Restart computer
Now remove the faulty MobileDevice framework:
• From the finder, navigate to the folder /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
• Move the MobileDevice.framework folder to the trash
Install a known good MobileDevice framework via the iTunes 12.8.2 installer, which is available via a link on this official Apple page (not the main download button, but the inline link below that reads "10.11 and 10.12 users download iTunes 12.8.2 here.”):
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1977*2
• Download the iTunes.dmg disk image
• Double-click the “Install iTunes.pkg” installer in that disk image
Verify that the MobileDevice framework is now the correct version (988.222.1) by entering this command in the Terminal:
Turn off Software Updates
• Select System Preferences->App Store
• Uncheck “Automatically check for updates"
Re-enable SIP:
• Shut down computer
• Press and hold cmd-R while starting the computer
• Release the cmd and ‘R’ keys when the progress bar appears
• Select a preferred language if prompted
• Select Utilities->Terminal from main menu
• Enter the command:
csrutil enable
• Restart computer
At this point, a properly compatible MobileDevice framework should now be installed but any plug-ins which previously failed verification will need to be re-verified in order to allow their use in Logic.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

DO NOT INSTALL ANY FURTHER SECURITY OR DEVICE UPDATES ON THAT VERSION OF OSX or a faulty MobileDevice framework is likely to be installed again.

Footnote:
(1) If PlistBuddy is not installed on the target computer or cannot be run for some reason, the version can be determined by visual inspection of the complete plist file by:
more /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/version.plist`
Which will result in an output like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BuildAliasOf</key>
<string>MobileDevice</string>
<key>BuildVersion</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>988.222.1</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>988.222.1</string>
<key>ProjectName</key>
<string>MobileDevice</string>
<key>SourceVersion</key>
<string>988222001000000</string>
</dict>
</plist>
Old 11-15-2022, 06:10 AM

Hey guys,

in the meantime we found a workaround on our side. To test it, just download the last Echoes T7E demo from our site. The plugin should be validated and working without any issues.

This fix will be automatically applied to all future updates of our plugins from now on.

Luca
Old 12-13-2022, 03:01 PM

It's not a perfect fix by any means but you can load the free waves plugin Studiorack and then scan your VST3 plugin folder and it will load those same plugins that won't load as aax but will be in VST3 format but work the same. Again, not ideal but a workaround I found on accident
Old 03-06-2023, 10:08 AM

Man I just wanna say thank because your answer saved me today.
I stupidly did this mac os update and it ****ed my pro tools up.
Your solution worked perfectly !
Cheers
Old 01-16-2024, 03:53 PM

Go to avid link, then ‘products’ then pro tools included apps & plugins, click ‘update’ next to the protools you installed