How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2022, 12:03 PM

Default Pro Tools Studio Perpetual EDU License Reinstatement Issue

Hey all,

I just bought a Pro Tools Studio perpetual reinstatement plan from a reseller (Thomann) and from their website's description I checked all the boxes for reinstatement so I purchased it.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/avid_pr..._reinstate.htm

Upon entering the code it went through and said it was connecting it to my ilok account. After that process had finished I checked my account and it did not change the status of my Pro Tools Studio perpetual license. It still showed expired.

After doing research, in a very small font an avid article said that EDU perpetual licenses cannot be reinstated. It did not say this anywhere on any reseller websites. Incredibly frustrating.

I also found this thread: https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=418766
from January 2022 where someone in the exact situation I am in was able to upgrade from PT Studio EDU with the same reinstatement code from Thomann. Maybe Avid has changed their terms since then?

I am not really sure what to do now that I'm out about $300 and the code has already been processed. I'm going to try to get a refund with Thomann but I'm afraid they might not do anything for me because I already submitted the code with avid.

Would love to hear some thoughts from someone at Avid figure out what to do about this situation. I really do want to upgrade my Pro Tools but would prefer not to be on the subscription.

Thanks,
River
Old 09-07-2022, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio Perpetual EDU License Reinstatement Issue

Welcome to the community. Looks like this was handled via the support case you logged. All good?