How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-24-2022, 02:25 AM

Default Re: ARA2 Melodyne support coming to next version of Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
They word it as "ARA2 Melodyne" support. So it will only work with Melodyne? There are a few other ARA2 capable plugins.

the article explicitly says that they're starting with melodyne support, and will expand to other ARA2 plugins later.
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 08-24-2022, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandKurious View Post
... My guess is it will be out once Apple release Ventura, and it'll have silicon native support - it doesn't make sense to do any foundational overhaul/integration coding like this and not do silicon at the same time, ....

Of course they're *developing* both in parallel, but whether they'll *finish testing* both ARA and Silicon at the same time is another matter. The transition to Silicon is a much bigger coding challenge, and there are many more opportunities for things to break. I suspect they'll release ARA2 support soon (.9 or .10) to appease us grumpy masses, but Silicon will come later.
* Soundtoys + Valhalla + Fabfilter + Spitfire
* RME Fireface UCX II ~ Arturia Keylab Essential 49
* various clarinets, trumpets, flutes, plucky stringy thingies
Old 08-24-2022, 03:41 AM

According to this mail I just got, ARA 2 is only coming to Ultimate.

”Coming Soon
Melodyne Support in Pro Tools via ARA 2

ARA 2 integration is coming soon to Pro Tools Ultimate! Fix pitchy vocals, harmonize notes, transpose tracks, and fix timings directly in your Pro Tools Ultimate Edit window with Celemony Melodyne 5 essential—included with Pro Tools support plans*. It’s fast and easy and doesn’t require roundtripping audio.

Get access when you upgrade your existing perpetual Pro Tools Ultimate or Pro Tools | HD license* to the latest Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license (yes, you'll stay on your perpetual license). Plus, save 33% if you act now (just $499)!”
Old 08-24-2022, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts View Post
According to this mail I just got, ARA 2 is only coming to Ultimate.

”Coming Soon
Melodyne Support in Pro Tools via ARA 2

ARA 2 integration is coming soon to Pro Tools Ultimate! Fix pitchy vocals, harmonize notes, transpose tracks, and fix timings directly in your Pro Tools Ultimate Edit window with Celemony Melodyne 5 essential—included with Pro Tools support plans*. It’s fast and easy and doesn’t require roundtripping audio.

Get access when you upgrade your existing perpetual Pro Tools Ultimate or Pro Tools | HD license* to the latest Pro Tools Ultimate perpetual license (yes, you'll stay on your perpetual license). Plus, save 33% if you act now (just $499)!”
I got the same email, but I think that might be a targeted marketing email for customers on their Ultimate list. There's no mention on the main article of it being Ultimate-only. This would be very misleading if so:

Quote:
ARA 2 Melodyne integration will be included in the next Pro Tools software update and available for all Pro Tools customers on an active subscription or perpetual license with a current Software Updates + Support Plan—stay tuned!

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-24-2022, 04:31 AM

RX 10 is announced for September. They're not giving much info on new features other than speed and workflow improvements. The new Repair Assistant certainly wont justify the 360€ upgrade price.
I can imagine they were holding back on infos about ARA integration until Avid announced it, let's see.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
RX 10 is announced for September. They're not giving much info on new features other than speed and workflow improvements. The new Repair Assistant certainly wont justify the 360€ upgrade price.
I can imagine they were holding back on infos about ARA integration until Avid announced it, let's see.
Yeah I wonder about this too.
If RX 10 doesn't have ARA, I cannot see myself upgrading TBH. Haven't been that impressed by recent isotope updates in general...but we will see.

I hope ARA implementation gets expanded to other software quickly - would love to use Vocalign, spectra layers etc.

This is promising though, credit where it is due. Part of me is hoping now that Avid is at a stage where they HAVE to start competing with the competition.

Being charitable, the last few major updates have worked very smoothly here and the implementation of, say, folders, was actually quite impressive.

Whilst Avid has taken a hell of a long time to roll out ARA, I do have faith that they will end up with the best ARA implementation on the block.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
Very unlikely at RX10 launch I'd say. Avid have clearly said it's just Melodyne at launch. So there was no reason for iZotope not to mention ARA for other hosts.

RX10 looks like a bust, huh. How the mighty fall.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-24-2022, 07:03 AM

I’m very excited about this. This will be the biggest feature in a long time. I also love how Pro Tools is integrating it more than making it a plug-in insert (like so many other DAW integrations). Pro Tools is often late to the game, but typically takes it up a notch.

A couple thoughts I’m wondering about.

1. I hope that there will be a way to full screen Melodyne. Kind of like the MIDI editor has its docked version and the ability to have its own window. While using the studio features, there are times I need to see stacks of Harmonies on top of each other and sometimes that is greater than an octave. So being able to really expand that window is important.

2. The main feature of studio is the ability to see notes from other tracks stacked on top of each other in the same Melodyne window. I hope that will be possible with this ARA integration as it is such an important way for me to line up timing of harmonies in detail.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 08-24-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
I got the same email, but I think that might be a targeted marketing email for customers on their Ultimate list. There's no mention on the main article of it being Ultimate-only. This would be very misleading if so:
I got the same email and I have no Ultimate licenses, save for an expired trial.
Old 08-24-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
There’s no mention of when this is coming, only that is the “next version”. What do we think? 2-3 months from now depending on how the beta goes?
I think it will be way sooner than that.. Otherwise they would not have posted that big thing on their site about it.. Also there are other fixes for midi etc. in the works. I hope I'm right though-:)

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS