Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-14-2012, 01:59 PM

Exclamation CANNOT PLAY SOUND THROUGH MY SPEAKERS no itunes or web. They play "internal"

I have the 002R. I have chrome. I cannot get chrome's sounds (the web) like my youtube or my reverbnation to play through the -002. I can go to system preferences, sound and i see both i nternal speakers and digi core audio 002. When i select it, nothing happens. I close sys preferences and go back in it to see that it s automatically still staying on internal. I dont want to hear my music through a 2 inch powerbook speaker. i want it through my 002.

WHAT do i do here? I launched pro tools, closed it.
I launched garage band and closed it.
I launched Digi Core Audio Manager and Closed it.

NOTHING helps.
I launch Itunes. .. and I'm forced to listen to my entire itunes library through baby speakers IN my laptop ? why. driver prob? Please email me a solution or post it here. my name is jamez I'm sick of this thing not loading up and letting me hear itunes (through real speakers at least)
Old 11-19-2012, 12:22 PM

Default Re: CANNOT PLAY SOUND THROUGH MY SPEAKERS no itunes or web. They play "internal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamez View Post
I have the 002R. I have chrome. I cannot get chrome's sounds (the web) like my youtube or my reverbnation to play through the -002. I can go to system preferences, sound and i see both i nternal speakers and digi core audio 002. When i select it, nothing happens. I close sys preferences and go back in it to see that it s automatically still staying on internal. I dont want to hear my music through a 2 inch powerbook speaker. i want it through my 002.

WHAT do i do here? I launched pro tools, closed it.
I launched garage band and closed it.
I launched Digi Core Audio Manager and Closed it.

NOTHING helps.
I launch Itunes. .. and I'm forced to listen to my entire itunes library through baby speakers IN my laptop ? why. driver prob? Please email me a solution or post it here. my name is jamez I'm sick of this thing not loading up and letting me hear itunes (through real speakers at least)
Hi,

Go to the AMS (audio midi setup) in utilities and select the 002, then at the bottom of the left column there's a cog icon and pull down menu and select "use this device for sound output"

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.