Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-04-2013, 08:33 AM

Default Lost Output - Freakin

For some odd reason PT 10 has just stopped playing any audio upon playback. I am using 11R for my interface and have checked all connections which seem to be OK. Played Itunes just to see if audio was working, it is. Checked if I had something soloed out, master down, pretty much everything. Only thing I can think of is that sometimes, if I use the 11 R tuner for a guitar, and I do not change it back to the amp emulation before downloading a previous rig to record, I get a glitch but if that happens I reboot.
Any advice helpful, freakin out here.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Lost Output - Freakin

Found it - My I/O setup magically changed. No rhyme, no reason. Why would it do that??? Had me in panic.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgroovy View Post
Found it - My I/O setup magically changed. No rhyme, no reason. Why would it do that??? Had me in panic.
A couple of possibilities come to mind. Open the IO setup and UN-check the box for "sessions over-write Current IO setting..."(if a session is imported from another system, with a different interface, having this feature checked would change all the IO). Or maybe, PT just decided to assign a bus to an output without consulting the operator(you). This happens, and many of us are still scratching our heads over how. The giveaway for this one is to go to the IO setup and click the BUS tab, and scroll down while looking at the right column. If you see anything in italics, UN-check that. Its a minor bug that we got when we got all the extra buses. This applies if you try to select the IO on a track(or bus) and you see some options listed in italics(which means they are not available, even though they are listed).

In any case, glad you got it sorted

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-04-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
A couple of possibilities come to mind. Open the IO setup and UN-check the box for "sessions over-write Current IO setting..."(if a session is imported from another system, with a different interface, having this feature checked would change all the IO). Or maybe, PT just decided to assign a bus to an output without consulting the operator(you). This happens, and many of us are still scratching our heads over how. The giveaway for this one is to go to the IO setup and click the BUS tab, and scroll down while looking at the right column. If you see anything in italics, UN-check that. Its a minor bug that we got when we got all the extra buses. This applies if you try to select the IO on a track(or bus) and you see some options listed in italics(which means they are not available, even though they are listed).

Thanks Albee, Went to the IO setup and the Sessions Overwrite was already unchecked. As far as going to the bus tab you say to scroll down while looking at the right column and uncheck anything in italics. The extreme right column is "Mapping to Output" which has 10 things checked from
Re-Amp L/R (NA)
Digital Output L/R (NA)
Main Out L
Main Out R
etc
etc
Digital Out L
Digital Out R

Should I uncheck all of those? Thx
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post

I've had this happen quite a few times with my 11R as well. One thing I know that triggers this is adding more than 1 new track at a time (say 10 instrument tracks) and the outputs sometimes get messed up like mentioned here. But it doesn't happen all the time either which is maddening.

QAPLA!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Happened to me too and I have seen several postings about the IO changing as if by magic.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.