Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2023, 01:26 AM

Default Re: AVID Pro Tools - how to zoom this Area? (view of the attached tracks))

'not convenient' is IMHO, that I will change the resolution every time to 1920x1080, when use Pro Tools and back to 2560x1600 when I finish with PT.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:20 AM

Default Re: AVID Pro Tools - how to zoom this Area? (view of the attached tracks))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
What is 'not convenient' about it?

I have two displays. Both set to 1920x1080.
One is a 50" TV, and it lets me work PT even at a distance of a few meters.
The other is a 32" monitor and is perfect for sitting closer.

And this works really good for any application, not just PT.
Ben, that's pretty much the exact setup I have. My TV sits above and behind the monitor. I like to keep the Mix Window on one screen and the Edit Window on the other. I switch them around depending on which one I'm doing the most work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire View Post
'not convenient' is IMHO, that I will change the resolution every time to 1920x1080, when use Pro Tools and back to 2560x1600 when I finish with PT.
Sorry this is not convenient for you. There are lots of software applications out there that use different screen resolutions. I just get used to changing them. As others referred, just using a laptop on a high resolution is not practical for hours of use. If you use the external screen just for Pro Tools, your laptop should remember the settings you used when you connect that screen.

Last edited by sslechta; 01-11-2023 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:11 PM

I thank you all one more time to deal with my concern!
In Reaper is good for me to change this:
Options->Preferences->General->Advanced UI/system tweaks-> check Scale UI elements and set how much should it be scaled and set it to 1.5
I will add the Screenshot as well as many of us use differetn DAW's. You may test!
I would recommend a similar thing to genereate for AVID Pro Tools. This is a proposal for developers, the end user cannot help here!
Why? Because there are alresdy many such screens in the world.
I will be testing another third DAW in the near future- ABLETON LIVE. How this thing is done in ABLETON, I don't know yet.
I tried to connect my laptop to DELL external monitor with 3440x1440 and the result was... perfect!
However, I would recommend in the future to think about this thing I said.
Old 01-13-2023, 02:38 AM

There are no Avid devs on this board. In fact, there's almost no one at all from Avid on this board these days.

If you want to make a feature request, you will probably have to use Avid Link.

Dominic
Old 01-13-2023, 05:11 AM

OK, I created a New Case! Thanks.