Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2013, 07:20 AM

Default Re: A Letter from Allen Cronce, President of PACE

I still cannot access my account at all, and this is with 3 different computers and 3 different OSes.

Very sad indeed.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I still cannot access my account at all, and this is with 3 different computers and 3 different OSes.

Very sad indeed.
Still? You gotta be kidding me... I thought they worked this out.

I wonder how many people who've had issues are finally up and running again and how many have been unable to make progress since the whole thing began.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I wonder how many people who've had issues are finally up and running again and how many have been unable to make progress since the whole thing began.
This certainly won't make me any friends here, but my issues around the new LM have been resolved (I think). I had to try several times to get a transfer to work, but I don't appear to be overbilled for it. I also had some of the phantom license-duplication issues, but after a few more syncs later in the week, things on my end seemed to work out.

It appears I was one of the lucky ones who did not experience any studio downtime from licenses not appearing correctly... just frustration in making transfers.
Pro Tools 9.0.6 on Mac OSX, Artist Series, MBox Pro
Old 06-20-2013, 01:00 PM

And they supposedly worked on this software for years? Usually they tell you with beta software not to install it unless you really want to live on the bleeding edge. It's one thing to volunteer to use beta s/w but to be forced to use it - that ain't right.

QAPLA!
Old 06-20-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:

Very sad indeed.
glad it's not me.....and I was about to try on my hackintosh b/c my win laptop wont work.....nah maybe I will just wait some more.....

Sad thing is I do have a few licenses to sell.and sync
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:29 PM

FWIW...I've been in IT for more than 20 years...so my guessing is at least "educated"...

From the time frame originally announced for this conversion, I think it involved some type of database conversion.

It may have been as complicated as a complete platform change, i.e. going from Oracle to SQL Server.

Or it may have simply been moving from one database schema (design) while keeping the current platform.

But...to get to the point of my post...in most instances, once you "go live" after a major database change it is extremely difficult to go back to the previous system.

This doesn't mean that Pace didn't make a number of tremendous blunders with this upgrade...they did.

But I wanted to explain why reverting to the previous system may have been nearly impossible...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:

Very sad indeed.
Tom have you tried from a different location? EG home vs the studio? Wired Vs Wireless?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-20-2013, 06:56 PM

I have not synced my iLoks in awhile. Nor have I even checked the website or installed new drivers in quite some time. Everything is working for me. My question is, is there any harm in logging into my Ilok account to check things out (with my iLoks unplugged of course). I can't afford to screw up my Pro Tools license right now. I can wait to buy 11 till this is sorted. But I'm a little afraid to check.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
I have not synced my iLoks in awhile. Nor have I even checked the website or installed new drivers in quite some time. Everything is working for me. My question is, is there any harm in logging into my Ilok account to check things out (with my iLoks unplugged of course). I can't afford to screw up my Pro Tools license right now. I can wait to buy 11 till this is sorted. But I'm a little afraid to check.
I don't believe that I can give you an authoritative answer, but here's what I have experienced:

I haven't installed the new ILM either. However, I have logged on to my iLok account, and my licenses (A.I.R., Avid, McDSP, Metric Halo, Nomad Factory, and Trillium Lane) are all correctly showing on the correct iLok in my account. More importantly, PT and all of the plug-ins load and work correctly on my Mac and my MBP.

Since my PT assets are the PT 9/10 bundle, and the 10/11 bundle (vanilla and HD in both 10 and 11), and I don't have any other apps or plugs that need iLok authorization, I seem to be good to go.

I'm not going to install ILM until I'm specifically instructed to do so, and who knows when that will be? But hopefully by then, PACE will have fixed all of the issues.

Right now, however, everything is fine, and it's my hope that things will continue to work for you (and that everyone having these terrible problems will find those problems solved, and soon).

Cheers,

GT
Finale 26.3.1
Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtomassetti View Post
I don't believe that I can give you an authoritative answer, but here's what I have experienced:

I haven't installed the new ILM either. However, I have logged on to my iLok account, and my licenses (A.I.R., Avid, McDSP, Metric Halo, Nomad Factory, and Trillium Lane) are all correctly showing on the correct iLok in my account. More importantly, PT and all of the plug-ins load and work correctly on my Mac and my MBP.

Since my PT assets are the PT 9/10 bundle, and the 10/11 bundle (vanilla and HD in both 10 and 11), and I don't have any other apps or plugs that need iLok authorization, I seem to be good to go.

I'm not going to install ILM until I'm specifically instructed to do so, and who knows when that will be? But hopefully by then, PACE will have fixed all of the issues.

Right now, however, everything is fine, and it's my hope that things will continue to work for you (and that everyone having these terrible problems will find those problems solved, and soon).

Cheers,

GT
Thank's I'm gonna check it out.

Well everything is in order. Thanks for the advice.