Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2015, 02:44 PM

Default Day 1 on Pro Tools HD 12... all good.

...end of the first day with Pro Tools HD 12.0. Seems totally fine. Easy install, overall snappy and responsive. Equal stability to 11.3.1 so far. My PT11 sessions open up perfectly.

What astounds me is the enormous and incessant negativity in this online forum. Let's try to make the conversation more constructive. PTHD is killer software, let's help Avid make it better instead of complaining all the time.

tech specs:

Mac Pro 6,1 OS 10.10.2, PTHD 12.0, AJA T-Tap video, Native ITB mixing...
Old 03-30-2015, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Day 1 on Pro Tools HD 12... all good.

Yeah easy for you to say Avid has my money but still waiting for my Pro Tool HD 12; account still empty go ahead and enjoy yours.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
...end of the first day with Pro Tools HD 12.0. Seems totally fine. Easy install, overall snappy and responsive. Equal stability to 11.3.1 so far. My PT11 sessions open up perfectly.

What astounds me is the enormous and incessant negativity in this online forum. Let's try to make the conversation more constructive. PTHD is killer software, let's help Avid make it better instead of complaining all the time.

tech specs:

yeah i bet its a walk in the park for you, because the many voices on the forum expresing the issues they have been having should be dismissed, not really

dream on man
Old 03-30-2015, 03:27 PM

I believe Mark Twain is credited for the expression "damned by faint praise". If the most positive thing you can say about PT12 is that it opens PT11 sessions perfectly and offers "equal stability" to PT11, then it's not a very compelling upgrade. Can you understand why there might be negativity about being asked to pay money for an upgrade when the best you can say about it is that it is the equal of PT11?

Quote:

tech specs:

Old 03-30-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:

tech specs:

Whatever dreamland are you living in?
A little empathy goes a long way and surely is a signal of wisdom and intellect.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Can you understand why there might be negativity about being asked to pay money for an upgrade when the best you can say about it is that it is the equal of PT11?
Yes, I get it. I just think the audio community can express themselves with a little less screaming. And if you don't have PT12 in your account yet, jeffro has been very nice about setting people up.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:28 AM

Quote:

Of course it wokrs well, it's exactly the same programme.

Maybe not everybody here accepts to pay for a new splash screen.

And to be quite honest: I don't want to help Avid, I am a customer.
I believe that if we (the users) let them get away with it all hope is lost for PT. If we on the other hands refuse to give them money, Avide might crash and release PT to someboddy who actually cares.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:46 AM

why would 12 be any different than 11 - there are 6 new features - that took them 18 months to do…
Old 03-31-2015, 01:57 AM

There are plenty of rapports of v12 working better than 11. It might almost look the same, but it acts differently, more stabile, less dropouts, CPU spikes, faster loading time, etc...Avid says there are more things going on user the surface than you can see.
I have no doubt that's true..
Old 03-31-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiz View Post
There are plenty of rapports of v12 working better than 11. It might almost look the same, but it acts differently, more stabile, less dropouts, CPU spikes, faster loading time, etc...Avid says there are more things going on user the surface than you can see.
I have no doubt that's true..
Even if it's true: That's what's called a maintenance update and should be free to all PT 11 users.